cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irritations #2

Woke up to snow this morning.....and laundry. B-)
Message 1 of 1,662
latest reply
1,661 REPLIES 1,661

Re: Irritations #2

Pete,

We just did a similar thing, though maybe not bad, push mower threw a rod, riding mower transmission failing, got a new push mower, still need to take rider transmission apart, and see if replacement parts will fix it (a new transmission ~ $800).

Arg,

Charles

Message 1651 of 1,662
latest reply

Just like our bodies. Planned obsolescence.

Message 1652 of 1,662
latest reply

Since I have not taken the car in to the shop yet, my earlier post was incorrect until yesterday. So the list should be:

1. Washer

2. Air exchanger

3. Dishwasher, which died yesterday.

Maybe it is now safe to take the car in.

Third strike has hit.

Message 1653 of 1,662
latest reply

Not really an irrittion, just a puzzle. Are we done? No posts here for a coons age. I'm guilty too. I haven't been active in eBay for a whie except for a few small purchases, all non-railroady. Actually I am just about done with the hobby. Just can't get motivated to go into the dungeon. Anybody out there interested in On30 scale stuff?

Message 1654 of 1,662
latest reply

Pete,

I thought Bachmann was making all that On30 stuff because you were driving the market!  What will happen to Bachmann if you quit now?

All the best,

Charles

PS, I have been busy I guess, car repairs (like new calipers, disks and pads on the back of my son's car), and I was trying to get a bunch of train stuff done for the little local fair at Mount Savage, Maryland, "Iron Rail Days." The significance being that this little town near me is where the first rolled iron rails were made in the USA in 18xx something.  Up to that point all rolled iron rail (like we use today) came from England.  The Cumberland and Pennsylvania Railroad's main yard and shops were there.  They even built a few locomotives for sale in the 1880's or particular note they were mostly narrow gauge (3 foot).  So I was trying to get some C&P stuff together from the bunch of projects I have all running together.  Mostly just research, drawings and such.  I do have a test print from the C&P Hay Street Station:

Back of station, I believe the left half and upper floor were for the station attendant and family.Back of station, I believe the left half and upper floor were for the station attendant and family.

The front and west facing side, the front is where the B&O and C&P tracks were.The front and west facing side, the front is where the B&O and C&P tracks were.

This is a collection of separate parts for painting and applying to the structure.This is a collection of separate parts for painting and applying to the structure.

Not painted yet or assembled....

I have been spending a bunch of time working on measurements for the C&P Ten-wheeler no.10 I hope to create a replacement cab and other modifications to a Bachmann G gauge RTR loco.

Adding measurements to a camera distortion corrected photo (which was a bunch of work in Photoshop).Adding measurements to a camera distortion corrected photo (which was a bunch of work in Photoshop).

A file uploaded to Shapeways to what their system thinks of this and the cost to print (kind-of expensive).A file uploaded to Shapeways to what their system thinks of this and the cost to print (kind-of expensive).

The lady is a sample person Google included in their SketchUp program, does help visualize the size of things in human terms.

end PS....

Message 1655 of 1,662
latest reply

Boy oh boy! Am I sick and tired of ebay. I bought two items from the same seller and just found out that he shipped each item separately instead of as one package. So I am now paying double the shipping cost. BS!

Mad as Hell! Smiley Mad

Message 1656 of 1,662
latest reply

Pete,

After I had a bit of a problem with a seller, I figured there should be a banned or blocked seller option for us.  That way their stuff does not show up in searches and what not unless you check something like "show blocked sellers" option...

What a ding-bat you came across (so to speak...)!

All the best,

Charles

Message 1657 of 1,662
latest reply

Depending on size and weight maybe cheaper to do 2 separates. But then prob not. I always took the time to write in a book my auctions and who had what, mind you, your selling page lists auction in groups so you can see who won. The guy was just lazy and trying to make some extra money. no FB for him.

I couldn't stand reading peoples auctions about having to pay for tape and boxes and gas to go to post office. I never explain that BS to people. Here';s my shipping price (which was always quite fair.) If youre selling stuff, its expected that you drive your lazy arse to p.o to mail it. having someone justify 50 cents goes towards their gas, shut up already.

and if multuple items, I would box everything into one pack and charge actual shipping.

Message 1658 of 1,662
latest reply

Boy,

I hope you guys can find your way back to the group.  The only way I got there was round-about.  All of a sudden the stuff is all different, and I can not find the list of groups I am a member of (well that is only two groups anyhow...)

All the best,

Charles

Message 1659 of 1,662
latest reply

Thanks to Charles and the link he sent I am here, but for the very last time. Ebay as screwed around so much that I have lost interest in participating here anymore. I do not think I could have found the group without the link and do not feel like wasting my time trying to get here anymore.

So I bid you all farewell, God speed and good luck.

I'm outta here!

Pete

Message 1660 of 1,662
latest reply

I really can't believe the crap ebay is putting us through because some turkey likes to stuff around with all manner of ca ca I don't blame Pete for giving a big miss I too am looking at doing the same.

Barry

Message 1661 of 1,662
latest reply

Pete & Barry,

Definitely weird.  The group in certain respects has some nice functionality, but why all the thrashing and flailing!  The listing for the group has been on and off on the eBay Categories list, and I still cannot find the list of groups I belong to.  I just happen to know what they are.

I have looked around a bit for generic groups stuff.  Google has a very generic group service called Google Groups.  The messages in the topic only seem to be sorted oldest to newest, so you have to find the end of the list to get to the current message post.  Yahoo! groups is a bit nutsy with their fancy "new" system (I forget what it is called).

Still looking around,

Charles

Message 1662 of 1,662
latest reply