cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

off topic sort of...shipping question

So I bin on and won a bottle of body oil about a week ago. The envelope it was shipped in showed up in my mailbox either Friday or Saturday, I didn't get my mail until Sunday, so I"m not sure which day...

The bottle of body oil was not in the envelope and there were a couple of stickers from the post office on it that said: sorry this mail piece arrived damaged.

I messaged the seller, she replied back and said that since it happened at the po, I needed to get my refund from them.

(I thought fat chance there, but sure, i'll ask! LOL)

I talked to the PO this am, and they said, it's the seller's responsiblity to get the item to me intact and to package it correctly for shipping.

I didn't reply to the seller's message, I just opened a case.

THen I get a message from the selle saying I see you opened a case, did you speak to the po? What did they say? I'll call them if I need too. I replied and said that the po told me it is your responsiblity as the shipper to package the item correctly and left it at that.

You cannot ship this item,  301808665023, in this envelope and expect it not to rip out of the package! Jeez!

back not recieved.jpg

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: off topic sort of...shipping question

Just got another mesage from the seller saying that they would send me another if I would like.

Um, yes, that's what I wanted when I sent you the first message!

I can't decide if she really thought the PO would refund me OR if she thought I was trying to pull a fast one on her and either get my money back or get another bottle for free.

Sigh...

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I hope she was a new seller. That would be the only good excuse for her to not know that postal insurance only benefits the seller. The buyer takes the tattered remains to the PO...to get the seller refunded. That's the reason, though it's rarely enforced if ever, that we are not allowed to mention insurance in our listings.

You have already done the right thing by setting this in motion. eBay will take of you if she doesn't. She would have saved herself a case by just being humble and either offering to refund you or resend right from the start.

Diane

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

As per your other posts, you filed a case for ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED.

DO NOT CLOSE IT thinking the seller will send you a new bottle.

She wont, believe me.

Just follow through with the case and get your refund and purchase the item from a seller that knows how to pack.

That item should be shipped in a box!

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Whering that's what I thought, I thought I was being nice thinking she would do the right thing and refund or replace, but I opened the case anyway.

Photo, nope, I'm not closing the case until I either have the refund, or the replacement bottle in hand. And yes, I filed Item not as described.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Good. You will get your refund.

I would be leaving a negative feed back for that clueless seller.

Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Crazy!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Message from the seller this morning says she'll be sending me a replacement bottle.

Thanks for all of your help, everyone!

I'll not be closing the case until the new bottle is in hand!

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

THat envelope isn't the best choice for these products. Shame on Seller.

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 9 of 9
latest reply