cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello DFW! Anyone still here?

Hi! I didn't realize that there are groups like this within the eBay community. It doesn't look like we've had much activity in this group for some time. Is anyone within the group still active? I'd love to connect with some local sellers.

Angie Strader

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hello DFW! Anyone still here?

Hi Angie, Martin here..I am in Denton and been on eBay for a while. Happy to connect.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Hi Angie and Martin, I had forgotten about our local group also! I live in Southlake and have been with Ebay for years but yesterday I got a shock on the portion of a sale they deduct. I sold a product for $2200.00 and expect to have 12.55% deducted ($276.00 apx.) but the amt deducted was $304.29. I found out they deduct from the total taxed amount which was $2,422.20. The tax on purchase was $222.20 so they charge me 12.55% of that amount as if I sold a product for $222.20 , does that sound fair to you all and were you aware of this? Sounds like something my CPA needs to explain to me, thanks, Gigi Landy

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

This has been a recent disturbing development on the platform in recent times. It is ridiculous for eBay to round up the sale amount and tax...they make more money from sellers that way than if they only factor the sale amount. It is something that is in contention...additionally eBay maybe /is including taxes in the total amount it sends to the IRS in form 1099-K... So the irs thinks you made 200K when in essence you made 160K in direct payments and not 200. It is increasingly becoming frustrating to make any money since EVERYONE is out to get as much money out of sellers...

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

eBay's fee schedule is clearly posted in more than one place so that sellers can be aware of it before they begin selling on eBay.  

And, although I don't have any solid statistics to prove it, I would guess that at least 80% of sellers have made themselves knowledgeable about the fees they are paying.  

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Hi there North Texas folks. I started selling again after I got a dedicated cking account to use and did good for a while, but lately sales have been slow. I need to try selling big heavy stuff for local pickup here in Southlake where I live and see how that goes. I do free shipping and use USPS for my sales and it can get high priced. Has anyone tried the local pick up /delivery option to selling? Hope everyone is enjoying their customers and making money! Drop me a line, Gigi Landy in Southlake

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@jamhuritech wrote:

This has been a recent disturbing development on the platform in recent times. It is ridiculous for eBay to round up the sale amount and tax...they make more money from sellers that way than if they only factor the sale amount. It is something that is in contention...additionally eBay maybe /is including taxes in the total amount it sends to the IRS in form 1099-K... So the irs thinks you made 200K when in essence you made 160K in direct payments and not 200. It is increasingly becoming frustrating to make any money since EVERYONE is out to get as much money out of sellers...

tax collected supposedly is not included in the 1099-K amount. (shipping paid by the buyer  is included as "gross sales total")

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi to both who gave info on this, it is all new to me this year for the 1099 and I am wondering what the total will show so I am keeping my files in order for total transactions.  The comm on taxed amount isn't fair is it? Guess they have to collect the sales tax sure glad I don't. Best wishes to all sellers, Gigi .

Message 8 of 8
latest reply