cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping hockey cards to canada

selling my hockey card collection. obvious to list for Canada but is hassle worth it?

I guess calculated 1st class intl for singles or up to a couple dozen is probably best in a bubble mailer but no tracking?? Any thoughts on worth it and if buyers are going to pay like $6.50 for a single card maybe worth $0 in Canada?? thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: shipping hockey cards to canada

Yes, you may do well selling to Canada (though hockey cards might be restricted in Canada as an addictive substance)

Here is a link to completed listings in eBay.ca (canada) and it shows what sold and what did not sell. To the right of listings it shows if it came from the US and what the shipping is (to your location)

I did go to the first sold that showed up and changed the shipping to Canada (no zip) and the shh was

US $5.00
Canada
USPS First Class Mail International / First Class Package International Service

But, unfortunately, we can't sure that any of the results were actually sold to Canadians, as a US dealer offer to sell to Canada will show up in eBay.ca results even if the card was sold USA to USA.

I think that if you offer shipping to Canada, even if it is $5-$6 per card, you won't lose anything if it sells to Canada or not. Only those buyers will know the worth of paying the shipping fee. It is likely that you may have cards that are harder to find in Canada and the only way to get them is from a US seller, so the shh cost would be justified.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Also as someone who has purchased a ton of ephemera, I am not impressed by a bubble mailer. By it's self it does nothing for the card.

Two pieces of heavy corrugated cardboard cut larger than the card (in a baggie) and sandwiched with a binder around them and placed in an envelope that won't tear is the safest. It doesn't matter if the envelope is bubble or tear resistant plastic or a manila envelope reinforced with packing tape.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

thanks for info. most of cards are in plastic so I guess in a manila with a piece of cardboard is the way to go

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@thebige333 wrote:

thanks for info. most of cards are in plastic so I guess in a manila with a piece of cardboard is the way to go

Yes manila should be fine,  if reinforced with clear packing tape. Some sellers reinforce the corners, but actually a cross pattern of tape all around the envelope, leaving the corners bare is fine.

And the cardboard should be heavy. I have had dealers sandwich a card with shirt-box/cereal-box board where the card was actually lending support to the board and not the other way around,

Message 5 of 5
latest reply