cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking said delivered 2 days before actual arrival of item

The USPS tracking for 2 items ( same seller) said  they were delivered, HANDED TO INDIVIDUAL, but this was totally false. i checked mailbox again 2-3 days later and there were  the items. OK, was this a  fake tracking number  or did usps  deliver it after they said they  did? like, 2 or 3 days after  the tracking had  marked it delivered ????  I left negative feedback  after i  noticed the false   tracking claim of delivery. but now it's disappeared.

Is USPS   LYING about delivering things?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

no, there wasn't any sort of marks on it  indicating it  was wrong address. and i do have a locked box.

what normally happens is these type of overseas sellers try to  beat ebay's system by uploading fake tracking. either to 1) get a discount  or 2) not deliver the item, but keep the money . in this case, it appeared to be  the  latter. Since it said delivered and  handed to a person, which never happened.

I think  this time it was just the seller  uploading some other  customer's tracking. in order to make ebay think  they had  tracking uploaded for my item, so they can get a  better rating with ebay on thier  seller account.

this was an anomaly in that the item was actually delivered, but  2 or 3 days later . And NOT handed to a person.

Usually they just don't ever deliver the item when it's fake tracking.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Sheesh! By your own admission, you received the item, so clearly, seller sent it.

If YOUR mail carrier made a mistake and scanned it ahead of delivery, why would that be the seller's fault and why would the seller deserve a neg? 

There are often mistakes made by mail carriers, either by clicking an incorrect button that says "NSN" (no such number for an address), or "delivered" when it wasn't actually delivered or other times, simply delivered to the wrong house.  But none of these errors can be blamed on the seller. 

Just a couple of days ago, I had a sale for which tracking showed "bad address. Return to sender." Next day, tracking showed delivery and buyer left positive feedback. Mailmen make mistakes! 

The seller did not deserve the feedback you'd left and ebay did the right thing by removing it.

You know @themayqueen , ebay isn't for everyone and if I'd had as many bad experiences as you've had, I wouldn't use ebay. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Wow be prepared for the bombardment of criticism/hate you are about to get. That's pretty horrific you left bad feedback for the seller who has absolutely no control over what you're complaining about.

😖🤢🤮

Glad they got it removed

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

You might not be able to buy from some of sellers on this platform after this post. I know I blocked you.

How would you feel if someone left negative feedback for you for the reason you did? You send out an item like you normally send out all your other items but somehow USPS messes up the tracking and the buyer just completely blames it all on you. Does that feel fair to you?

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

Perhaps it was delivered at the wrong address.

Could have been picked up from that address next day or two then delivered to you.

Could have delivered to the wrong address, and then that person found it, and put it in your mailbox if you don't have a locked box.

I have gotten a stack of packages all at once.  Stuff for my wife. Bring the stack in. 2 days later wife says ...... this isn't mine.....  back it goes to the carrier to be delivered to the correct address.

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

you don't read very well.  i did not know it was going to be delivered later. It simply said, that it was already delivered and handed to someone. WHEN THAT HAD NOT OCCURRED.  Learn how to read. And realize that there is a huge amount of scamola going on that uses fake tracking and non delivery from certain type of sellers  usually overseas. So of course i  thought that was the case with this, and still do not know if it was  fake tracking uploaded or USPS that caused this problem.

Do not   jump  on  people's posts to  defend other sellers due to your own seller bias, instead of actually using some reading comprehension. And do NOT  bother to  answer any of my posts  in future as your INAPPROPRIATE responses will not be welcome.

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

LOL what you described is FAR from the norm. These are overseas sellers  who   sell small  jewelry components, they have a lot of   artisans making very inexpensive stone etc items. .

Normally it's a bad seller  failing to send an item, after they  tried to get you to buy more stuff . Or after they tried to  add postage to free shipping items. They don't want to send it then ( if you only bought one or two items on auction) and  so they just wait it out after uploading fake tracking, so they can beat the system and you will have no recourse if  you do not dispute it quickly enough. they rob a lot of people that way.

. Or if ebay does not believe you saying that it never arrived ( as it has fake tracking saying delivered). 

it is FAR , FAR, FAR  more common to have bad overseas sellers NOT send  items, and upload fake tracking. This is rampant right  now, especially small jewelry component items from overseas. it isn't the usps normally doing anything wrong like saying they handed the package to a person when they really did not. It is   virtually always the seller   inputting a re- used tracking number.

This isn't usually American sellers, so stop trying to defend your own selves by  defending extremely  unscrupulous overseas sellers who do not have American principles of conduct in the marketplace. But they have the goods we don't have , so it is hit and miss  dealing with them. I rely on ebay mechanisms to  hold them accountable but  unfortunately ebay system isn't that good at it. 

This last incident of   having it arrive 2 days after marked as delivered and it says it was HANDED TO SOMEONE, ( when it wasn't at all),  is  totally one of a kind and utterly abnormal. And i have bought many thousands o f items so i know what i'm talking about.

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

so about these  kind of scammy overseas sellers, ...Other buyers must be warned so it's best to give negatives  about them or there's no record. ( this particular one had done such things before). After a lot of this happens you  get used to it and leave a neg so others won't get scammed.

I know you sellers don' t like that but  who cares- if you a re such a bad seller that you would  defend the scammers, go ahead and block me. .

What are you doing,  trolling the buyers  forum so you can defend the bad sellers?  disgusting ! and says a lot about you as a seller.

Message 8 of 35
latest reply

As a seller myself I think it's an absolutely enormous deal to leave negative feedback on a business no matter what country they're from. I would never make as many assumption as you did and leave a negative feedback in that scenario.

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

no, there wasn't any sort of marks on it  indicating it  was wrong address. and i do have a locked box.

what normally happens is these type of overseas sellers try to  beat ebay's system by uploading fake tracking. either to 1) get a discount  or 2) not deliver the item, but keep the money . in this case, it appeared to be  the  latter. Since it said delivered and  handed to a person, which never happened.

I think  this time it was just the seller  uploading some other  customer's tracking. in order to make ebay think  they had  tracking uploaded for my item, so they can get a  better rating with ebay on thier  seller account.

this was an anomaly in that the item was actually delivered, but  2 or 3 days later . And NOT handed to a person.

Usually they just don't ever deliver the item when it's fake tracking.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Feedback is the very last thing you do in a transaction, and to leave negative feedback because you have a suspicion something *might* have gone awry is all kinds of pure old wrong. In fact, it's far more common to have glitches with USPS than it is to be a victim of the fake tracking scam. If I had a dollar for every package the PO said was delivered but didn't arrive for a few days, or times tracking said "handed to resident" when no one was home, I'd be a wealthy woman.

And given the fact that you received your packages I'm honestly astonished that 1) you're still questioning whether the fault lay with USPS and 2) you're upset that the wholly undeserved neg you left the seller was removed. 

Message 11 of 35
latest reply

You suspect in this case they gave a bogus tracking number so that they could send the item and keep the money? But then the item showed up 2 days later? How does that make sense?

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

@themayqueen wrote:

you don't read very well.  i did not know it was going to be delivered later. It simply said, that it was already delivered and handed to someone. WHEN THAT HAD NOT OCCURRED.  Learn how to read. And realize that there is a huge amount of scamola going on that uses fake tracking and non delivery from certain type of sellers  usually overseas. So of course i  thought that was the case with this, and still do not know if it was  fake tracking uploaded or USPS that caused this problem.

Do not   jump  on  people's posts to  defend other sellers due to your own seller bias, instead of actually using some reading comprehension. And do NOT  bother to  answer any of my posts  in future as your INAPPROPRIATE responses will not be welcome.

You may not have liked my response since I didn't tell you what you'd hoped to hear but I do read very well and had a clear understanding of your post. 

And since these are public discussion boards,  I will respond as I deem appropriate, sometimes agreeing with posters, sometimes disagreeing, sometimes offering advice and sometimes correcting inaccurate information. 

While you are welcome to ignore my posts, I will continue to post. 

It was clearly NOT a fake tracking scam because you got the item with the tracking number that the seller provided with YOUR order. A delivery and/or scanning error was made but the seller had absolutely nothing to do with the error! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

i wouldn't want to buy from a seller who defends unscrupulous overseas sellers.  They usually DO  scam us, i know from long experience.  you probably have nothing i would  want to buy. good riddance. AND KEEP ON DEFENDING SCAMMER SELLERS who upload fake tracking so they can scam ebay and get a better  rating and  lower   seller fees.

Says something about YOU, not me. Buyers are at  a severe disadvantage when sellers use fake tracking and then do not deliver, which is the usual outcome of this type of scenario. Ebay   relies on that tracking number  to   determine if  the buyer gets thier money back or not.

so you're on here trolling buyers, so you can bully us for not wanting to be scammed . wow.

Don't care a whole lot about the buyer do you! disgusting. Birds of a feather all flock together ,and right now you a re flocking with the scammer sellers using fake tracking whom i have encountered a lot of ,  usually india but some times china.

I don't think it's  your place to bully buyers  about the ordeals we get put thru by  scammer sellers  in india or china.

So get off my  thread and stop harassing me about your   hatred of buyers who  are sick of being scammed.

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

oh so you are going to tell buyers not to buy on ebay, right.

do not   answer any of my posts again. you have a bad self righteous attitude towards buyers.

my  experience with overseas  stone sellers   shows me that this is a common trick they use. So,    stop  trolling  buyers who are reporting  problems with sellers. this seller  uploaded  fake tracking so he could say he had uploaded tracking . and get a better ebay fee price or whatever.

it's not your place to bully the buyers  trying to report problems and alert others.

btw i've been on ebay for well over a decade, so stop the preachy  baloney, you are not some kind of expert talking to a novice.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply