cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The item never shipped and the seller does not respond. EBay does not respond

In Nov I bought a suit from a tailor. It was supposed to be made to measures and be ready in Feb. The seller kept putting off the shipping date. In April I asked for a refund. Ebay didn't take any action saying I was not supported by the "Money Back Guarantee". The seller does not respond. 

Apparently, Ebay's customer service only works online and they don't answer the phone anymore (awful customer service).  There are a couple of options you can go through (none of them fits my condition - I paid the seller and the seller never shipped anything).  I'm desperate and don't know what to do to get my money back. 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

There is a time limit of 30 days from the last given delivery date to file a case on eBay.  If you paid by credit card, contact your card company.   If not, contact the payment service you used.  They too have time limits and you might be past.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

ALL eBay buyers (as well as sellers) owe it to themselves to read and understand eBay's Money Back Guarantee for buyers.

In the listing where/when you made your purchase, there was an estimated delivery date.  That date cannot be changed by the seller.  If/when an item is not received by that date, the buyer can and should open an item not received case and has 30 days to do this with eBay.

Sorry you evidently did not know how the MBG works.  Paypal gives you 180 days to open a case.  Credit cards also give you an extended amount of time.  

In summary, eBay offers buyers a way to resolve the problem when they do not receive their purchase.  You evidently did not know about this for some reason.  There is never a need or reason to contact eBay about this kind of problem.  

Message 3 of 3
latest reply