cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question thread: Selling Manager Pro features are now available free of charge

Over the coming weeks, we’re making many of the previously subscription-only features of Selling Manager Pro available free of charge. This means you’ll have more ways to simplify and streamline listing and managing your business on eBay. You can learn more about that here, feel free to ask any questions below! 

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between 8 am and 4:00 pm PST on 2.9.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! These threads are closed from further replies. If there are outstanding questions that we are waiting for additional information with, we will update the thread with the response we receive and tag you to make sure you get the notification.

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Wow, a freebie that may actually help sellers.  No wait, aren't we already paying for that with current fees?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I did not see a specific thread for the "improved" sales reports. It is unfortunate that the monthly transactions reports will not be month-aligned until April 2022. That means that the reports will not be helpful for 2022 tax reporting without sophisticated analysis to split the January report into 2021 and 2022 portions. Unfortunately, Sales reports which are more structured cannot be used for tax purposes unless sales paid in a different year are accounted for. I wish that Managed Payments payout detail reports totaled gross income, final value fees, monthly and insertion fees, postage, refunds, holds, and other categories not in the list to enable sellers to enter rolled up amounts into an accounting system and balance the checking account linked to Managed Payments. Foreign currency entries should be converted or summarized separately if gross revenue is not included in the seller's 1099-K. Time spent resolving payout accounting is time lost for creating new listings or fulfilling orders.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I do not see a tread that deals with providing more information about the seller.

Where can I find the definition of "your brand and business will be more visible to buyers"  and "new information about your business displayed on your store and view item pages"?   What is the definition of "buyers". 

As you may be aware, many sellers do not want personal information and some business information to appear for "potential buyers".    We are willing to share with those who have purchased but do not want information available for every casual, one-time, unregistered, no-longer registered users.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@postcardcountry wrote:

I do not see a tread that deals with providing more information about the seller.

Where can I find the definition of "your brand and business will be more visible to buyers"  and "new information about your business displayed on your store and view item pages"?   What is the definition of "buyers". 

As you may be aware, many sellers do not want personal information and some business information to appear for "potential buyers".    We are willing to share with those who have purchased but do not want information available for every casual, one-time, unregistered, no-longer registered users.

Hey there @postcardcountry,

We are expanding the updates to View Item (announced last year, view here) to Desktop and App. With these changes, potential buyers will have the information on your brand and business more visible (don't worry, we are not showing any personal information). These changes will be visible to all potential buyers using the eBay platform. Thanks!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

eBay needs to spend less money on buying back its stock and more on fixing glitches and making its item specifics more useful (did anyone ever talk to the top sellers in any of the categories??) Adding these item specifics don’t help if they mean nothing to the buyers. Why do I have to choose “English “ as a language or made in “United States” when those could be pre-marked and changed if needed? Why do I need the width and height of books? Why are there sometimes 3 different spots to note if something has an inscription (all same thing but worded differently) I could go on and on.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

This will offset the selling fee increase, and the simplified promoted listing fee increase, and the subtitle listing fee increase, and the underperforming seller fee increase......

Did I miss anything? Incredible value coming to eBay Sellers!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I am not seeing the difference between the two choices with the automation rules for auctions:

• Relist continuously until the item sells
  • Relist continuously whether the item sells or not

I would like an explanation of differences and why the need for the changes to the automation rules.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hey @red-wood_trader 

Relist until the item sells means once it sells the listing will end. 

Relist whether or not it sells means that even if it sells, it will still be active so if you have more quantity that will work best and keep your sold history on that listing. 

Hope that helps! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I do like the automation of buyer feedback for non-Selling Manager Pro subscribers.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone! These threads are closed from further replies. If there are outstanding questions that we are waiting for additional information with, we will update the thread with the response we receive and tag you to make sure you get the notification.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply