cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question thread: Promoted Listings updates and expansions

Over the coming weeks, you’ll see additional features, entry points, management capabilities, and more for each version of Promoted Listings. These new elements will bring eBay closer to industry standards for paid advertising and are all aimed at boosting your success. You can learn more about that here, feel free to ask any questions below! 

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between 8 am and 4:00 pm PST on 2.9.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! These threads are closed from further replies. If there are outstanding questions that we are waiting for additional information with, we will update the thread with the response we receive and tag you to make sure you get the notification.

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I noticed this “International site visibility for fixed price listings” . Can you explain it? I use Ebay global and last time someone from Ebay told me that my items are visible to international buyers. So when am I being charge for that feature. Do you subscribe?

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

I LOVE Promoted Listings Express (I am 100% certain it increases not only the number of views but also BIDS I get, at least for the categories I sell), so I am glad it is here to stay, and yes I noticed that it has become available when I make a listing on my laptop with home wifi (before that I was just making the listing on my laptop, listing it, then getting on my phone to open the app and add the promotion; not a big hassle but I sometimes forgot).  
The only thing I don't get about this update is where you talk about REPORTS.  What does that mean, what kind of reports???

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

I noticed this “International site visibility for fixed price listings” . Can you explain it? I use Ebay global and last time someone from Ebay told me that my items are visible to international buyers. So when am I being charge for that feature. Do you subscribe?

Hey @partfinds! You can go here to learn more about the International Site Visibility feature and here for the Global Shipping Program (GSP). You'll notice a section in the GSP help page called, Seller and buyer fees. That section notes that you may need to pay an international fee.  If you feel like you are getting charged for fees you shouldn't be though, I'd encourage you to contact Customer Support to go over that with you. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@gurlcat wrote:

I LOVE Promoted Listings Express (I am 100% certain it increases not only the number of views but also BIDS I get, at least for the categories I sell), so I am glad it is here to stay, and yes I noticed that it has become available when I make a listing on my laptop with home wifi (before that I was just making the listing on my laptop, listing it, then getting on my phone to open the app and add the promotion; not a big hassle but I sometimes forgot).  
The only thing I don't get about this update is where you talk about REPORTS.  What does that mean, what kind of reports???

We're so happy you love using Promoted Listing Express @gurlcat! The reporting piece lets you track how your promoted listings are doing. You can see things like: 

• Promoted impressions: The number of times we displayed your Promoted Listings Express ad to buyers.
  • Organic impressions: The number of times we displayed your organic (non-promoted) listing to buyers throughout eBay.
  • Total impressions: The sum of promoted and organic impressions.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

That is not what i am asking about velvet@ebay.  There is new feature in fee scheduled  of .50. I have been using GS for the past 2.5 years and know about international fee when the item sells.  My question is : do I get international visibility if I offer Ebay Global shipping (last time Ebay states Yes)? If i offer Global Shipping do I still need to pay .50 per listing? The description is not clear and confusing. You state “may pay” under what condition? I am not disputing any fees. This is new feature so I want to know the rules. I am making some international sales so I want to know how it changes with new ebay update. I just don’t understand the rule.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Is that new .50 feature for  international visibility = ebaymag

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@partfinds wrote:

That is not what i am asking about velvet@ebay.  There is new feature in fee scheduled  of .50. I have been using GS for the past 2.5 years and know about international fee when the item sells.  My question is : do I get international visibility if I offer Ebay Global shipping (last time Ebay states Yes)? If i offer Global Shipping do I still need to pay .50 per listing? The description is not clear and confusing. You state “may pay” under what condition? I am not disputing any fees. This is new feature so I want to know the rules. I am making some international sales so I want to know how it changes with new ebay update. I just don’t understand the rule.

I'm sorry @partfinds but the only $0.50 increase I'm aware of with this update is the Subtitle fee increase. Will you let me know where you're seeing an increase for international sales? 

As for the GSP/international fee, when you use the GSP, your listings are available to be purchased internationally. In the instances provided in the Selling fees help page, that the Seller and buyer fees section of the GSP help page takes you to though, it states there are instances in which you may be charged the international fee; and then includes those instances there. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

velvet@ebay https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4822

When I google it seems it is feature is since 2020 but  I just noticed it as if it was just added to ebay.com. I tried Ebaymag like a month ago and it looks like what people on google described (meaning it was adding my listing to other Ebay international websites (translating it). I freaked out a little bit because it was not clear to me what happens with Ebay global shipping and if I am ptotected. Then I remember that someone told me here in community that I get international visibility if I offer Ebay global so this extra feature from Ebaymag will not add more benefit or something like that. Istarted getting glitches on my account and I took off listings from ebaymag and unsubscribed. 2D690F2B-C97E-4881-B0BB-D51D46E1A53E.jpeg

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I have 3 different stores on ebay, and they were all promoted at 8% cap. On February 8th & 9th, all my impressions dropped to below 1k (Promoted and organic, literally dropped more than 80%) and sales froze. Any explanation on this? I have now turned off promoted listings seeing as everything seems to be suppressed by ebay. It almost seems like low value items just stopped being advertised, even with recommended promoted listings. I have screenshots of the graphs if I can post them here. I am trying to find a reason to turn on promoted listings on again, if no impressions will be made. 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone! These threads are closed from further replies. If there are outstanding questions that we are waiting for additional information with, we will update the thread with the response we receive and tag you to make sure you get the notification.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 11 of 11
latest reply