cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question thread: Try out the new eBay app messaging experience beta

In our Winter 2022 Seller Update, we announced the upcoming launch of a new messaging experience to make communication between sellers and buyers easier. You can learn more about that here, feel free to ask any questions below! 

Please note that eBay experts will be present and engaging on the boards between 8 am and 4:00 pm PST on 4.13.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I will preface this by saying that I like the new way of messaging customers. However, there is one glaring issue with it: You can not easily access the customer's profile. You have to click on the item they are messaging you about to then click on their profile. I would love if this could be fixed. Thanks!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I like the text-style format of the new message system, but will eBay be adding the option to send a copy to e-mail through the app (like currently exists on the website)?

If eBay did this I would message through the app more frequently to get quicker responses to buyers. Right now I almost never use it since a copy isn't CCd to my e-mail.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Hi @coffeebean832 still waiting on a reply for this, I'll keep you updated as soon we we do, thanks! 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Is this to be yet another feature that requires a smart phone? What happens to older buyers or sellers who may not have or be comfortable with a smart phone and a tiny keyboard simulation under a piece of glass.

Will the new messaging system allow messages to be grouped together by listing and referenced by topci? How long will messages remain on eBay? Can images be added as easily as they can using the Phone Link PC application? The major strength of Phone Link is the ability to create text messages and append pictures located on the PC. The most glaring weakness is no ability to delete text messages from Phone Link. How will the eBay messaging system compare?

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I love the texting feature.  It is easy and you can see your latest conversation with the purchaser vs. paging through all the messages that are out of order.  The message feature in the past does not clear out when you reply.  I still show messages I answered as not answered.  This text feature eliminates this problem with the customer.  The ebay communications on the message board is still a step behind.   I agree with the other posts that the copy  to email is essential.    It definitely saves a lot of time.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone - 

We're closing this board from further questions and replies. We will continue to work with our internal teams to make sure outstanding questions are addressed next week. 

Have a good weekend!

Tyler

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Morning @coffeebean832 !!

I wanted to let you know the team came back loving the feedback and they are going to evaluate adding this feature in the future, thanks!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Hi @clarkphilatelics this current update only applies to the eBay app so yes it's only on smart phones or tablets. The new system aggregates messages by listing. We are looking at future potential changes and adjustments based on seller feedback. The new system allows you to upload images from a folder in your phone. If the Phone Link PC application creates or syncs images in your phone, it should work.

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 9 of 9
latest reply