cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schreck/Donkey Rodney/Fender cancellations

I have posted this before, but thought I'd try again.  Does anyone collect these cancells?  Does anyone have any they want to get rid of?  Thanks1

Wolf-==- (nakedchicken)

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Uh.. What are "these"? I have no idea what sort of cancels you're referring to, what country (countries?) used them or what they look like. Posting an image would probably help a lot.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Oh!, sorry.  They are US postal cancells from the late 80's early 90's before they started using the ink jets    I'll put up some pictures tonight. 

Wolf-==-

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Here are a couple examples of the cancellations.  I was wrong, they are from the early 2003-04.  Anyone else collect them?  I have had some difficulty finding many examples.  Thanks!  Wolf-==-

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Ah, that helps wolf.

I remember seeing many of them on the mail at that time, but I'm not sure what you are collecting with these?  Different towns?  Are there varieties in the design?

Just curious.

Rob

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I might still have a few around, if I find them they can be yours.

I noticed that up to last Christmas season, some postal service

units were still using them, notably the Southern Maryland unit.

I would also look for current auctions of US Postal History in that time

period you mentioned.  Many auction firms have postal history up

for bids, Alan Blair for example

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I'd be generally just collecting the cancellation regardless of the city, as long as it is complete and a good strike.  SOTN is preferrable.  I suspect those are more difficult.  The cancellation on a nice undamaged cover is good as well.  Thanks!

Wolf-==-

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

You wouldn't have any idea if the USPS has records of the useage and places used do you?  I don't think these were just some whim of a local PO.  The USPS surely came up with the cancellation device and places where they were used.  I was surprised to hear they may have been used up until last year, I haven't seen one in about 10 years.  I'd be highly interested in what you have if you are willing to part with it.  I'm sure we can work out a deal.  Thanks!

Wolf-==-

Message 8 of 8
latest reply