cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

I think this might be a great place to kinda land and connect with a some friends.

@coastaltechsolution 

@silverstatetreasureboxes 

@downunder-61 

Can you please invite some folks to come and post and bring some snacks?  I think I will just keep 2 screens open and coastal picked the name of this place - "dingy falls"........so when ya need a little respite, please let me know to "dingy" and I will dingy over!

Katz

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 1 of 8,727
latest reply
8,726 REPLIES 8,726

Re: Need a Place to Post, Laugh........Vent, Unwind...........Share Chocolate

@katzrul15 

I have no words, sitting here in a state of shock. I'm so very sorry for your extreme loss katz.

Message 7531 of 8,727
latest reply

@katzrul15 

None of this is your fault.  I know it doesn't make it any easier right now, but hang on to that.  We are in the same state.  Reach out if you need help.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7532 of 8,727
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy 

You are so nice. 

My heart just aches for Katz.

Message 7533 of 8,727
latest reply

@mr_lincoln  -your PM made be bawl.  Oh my gosh.  So sorry you have a connection in RL.  My heart aches for you.  So grateful you understand how consumming this is.  Cannot ever turn off my brain.  

@inhawaii 

You are such a sweetheart.  Your msgs do mean so much.

Please do not let me post derail your thread.  I spend hours evrry day in tears and unproductive and lost in time/space.  Rarely sleep and am so very forgetful.

Logging in there is a pix of a Father/Daughter selling team..  it is a gut punch when I see it and the tears just can't stop.

Keep doing your thing and post as usual.  Not sure how much I can be here -I try to create diversions to get thru the day, but typing out all this makes me sad and feel lost.  I appreciate your words, but at this stage, this part makes me feel worse, not better.  

I wish I had flowers to post pictures of or a critter or something, anything not related to my mess.....but did not plant anything this year, no flowers at mother's day like usual in potted pots -could not bear it.

My chipmunk is gone -flatten by a car and mr squirrel is no where to be found either.  No birds as I never filled the feeders after winter ended and the suet bricks melted into sticky blobs, so I threw them away recently.

I'm sitting in my laundry room in a folding camp chair.  Nothing in here reminds me of much, so I often sit in here, nap in here.....it's quiet and sonetimes the hum of dryer distracts enough that time passes a little less slowly.

Thank goodness for my fur babies.  They rarely leave my side now.  My neighbor comes twice a day and feeds everyone -even merlin the biter.  I am so grateful he does.  

Katz

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7534 of 8,727
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@mr_lincoln  -your PM made be bawl.  Oh my gosh.  So sorry you have a connection in RL.  My heart aches for you.  So grateful you understand how consuming this is.  Cannot ever turn off my brain.  

@katzrul15   Yes, I completely understand ... there is no pressure for you to post here or PM until you are ready to.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 7535 of 8,727
latest reply

@katzrul15 

Yes Katz, we're here for you, whenever you feel like posting.

Message 7536 of 8,727
latest reply

New Topic here:

Comcast ... the ultimate manipulative monopoly

We live in a rural area where Comcast is the only source for highspeed internet.  They have us over the barrel and New customers are getting great package deal offers while us long time good paying customers are up over $ 250 per month for the basic package plus multi-point Wi-Fi interface.

This year I WILL change how we do things but this morning I was enraged when I tried to get the Golf channel only to see a Comcast message that to view that channel I would have to pay extra for it.  They KNOW how much it is viewed here.

My wife watches more YouTube videos that anything else and of everything I watch the Golf Channel is the highest volume so Comcast (or maybe Scamcast is more accurate) now wants me to pay.

I am considering just getting the internet and then using a smart TV to view channels ... not as convenient but if I can reduce the monthly bill I will do that.  

I am now old enough that I "might" (and I repeat "might") qualify for a $ 30 month discount but that's not enough ... I want to get that monthly bill knocked down by a whole lot more.

If any of you have other solutions you worked through I would love to hear them.  

Regards,
Message 7537 of 8,727
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

You threaten to leave, that's the secret.

Screenshot_20230719_071350_Chrome~2.jpg

 that price is ridiculous. 

Message 7538 of 8,727
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

You threaten to leave, that's the secret.

Screenshot_20230719_071350_Chrome~2.jpg

 that price is ridiculous. 

@silverstatetreasureboxes   Thank you. so would I be correct in seeing that as TV channels through the internet and not a Comcast channel package?

Regards,
Message 7539 of 8,727
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

If you have the time to go into Comcast to see a representative it's better than calling them. Xfinity internet looks like it's separate and you need to check if it's in your area.

We only have 1 major internet provider here in town and while they scalp us long timers it's not as bad as yours. Now we have high speed wifi, basic cable and a useless landline with no long distance and pay around $170 month.  I will be getting rid of the landline shortly.

I think the Open is televised on local channels for this w/e. ?

Also if you have AARP or Veteran you may want to seek a discount there. Otherwise you just may want to check on a Dish network.

Message 7540 of 8,727
latest reply

Correction: we pay $140 per month.

Message 7541 of 8,727
latest reply

@silverstatetreasureboxes wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

If you have the time to go into Comcast to see a representative it's better than calling them. Xfinity internet looks like it's separate and you need to check if it's in your area.

We only have 1 major internet provider here in town and while they scalp us long timers it's not as bad as yours. Now we have high speed wifi, basic cable and a useless landline with no long distance and pay around $170 month.  I will be getting rid of the landline shortly.

I think the Open is televised on local channels for this w/e. ?

Also if you have AARP or Veteran you may want to seek a discount there. Otherwise you just may want to check on a Dish network.

@silverstatetreasureboxes   I am hopeful that some day this big tech company will taken to court on a Class Action Lawsuit and those of us who have been overpaying all these years will get some money back.

Yes, dropping the useless land line will be done too.  Of course with the advent of the cell phone I think the phone they offer is more of an "oh, and we'll throw in a phone line for you" type deal and now undervalued in the package deal ... and where we live, since its digital voice when we lose power we lose the phone line anyway ... 

Regards,
Message 7542 of 8,727
latest reply

Hey!

What do you mean "useless land line"?

I have only a land line and use DSL internet with unlimited calling and internet for $85.

Just recently, I did a TV scan and now I have over 60 FREE channels.

I just keep it simple.

(PS:  I am waiting for China or Russia to blow up a few satellites and there will be no WIFI.)

The past 2 days (9 hours) spent on mulching a hilly garden. I have about 7 yards of mulch in place and 3 more to go.

Tomorrow, a cleaning work day and possible rainy day.

Friday - hopefully I can finished the mulching of my client's garden and then that one is off my list.

I still haven't replaced the mower blades and I need to replace the muffler too.

The WOOD CHUCK tried to dig its way into the back of the garage, but the rotors that I have blocking the doorways dropped into a hole he tried to make.  (HE HE HE - low tone voice)

So I back filled the dirt that he did dig out and then I poured some olive oil with chili powder mix.

I noticed that their was a couple of swipes of the dirt and and no more digging.  I am hoping that chili powder mix gave the wood chuck a hot tongue. 😄 😄

Message 7543 of 8,727
latest reply

@mr_lincoln we have comcast. We have the ' triple play'. We cant do anything else or theyll charge us more. I disconnected the landline phone because like you said, when we lose power, we lose the phone, or lose internet, which we do quite often every time the wind blows. Also no one has that number but telemarketers.  I dont even know what the phone number is anymore lol 

We are on  2 year price guarantee where it doesnt change. After the 2 years,  it goes up and we have to renew. 

With all the streaming stuff we have now, we are thinking of dropping it all and going just internet. 

Let us know how it goes if you drop it. 

We have basic cable, phone and internet and pay $195 a month. 

Message 7544 of 8,727
latest reply

@katzrul15 sorry to hear

@mr_lincoln friend of mine in NJ works for Comcast, does installations. I don't have Comcast out here, had them in NJ, in PA we had RCA, here we have Spectrum but I haven't had cable in years, won't pay for it, got netflix, hulu, bunch of free ones like Plex and Tubi all way under what cable cost. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 7545 of 8,727
latest reply