cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a week for Post office for us

Earlier in the week we had some issues with missing packages and tracking.  Today we went to a different Post office due to appointments. I experienced the beat all end all P.O. person. She barked at us and stated "You eBay people need to do a better job measuring and weighing your packages. This box is oversized! She then tried to charge me more $ to send a stuffed animal when I had a $7.00 Label. She wanted me to cancel my label, ask for a refund & send it with her printing a new one.  I thanked her & said "Give me my box & I will take care of it myself. I have mailed 1000's of packages with eBay and not had many issues  until this year," I replied to her.  As I was walking away she was still mumbling that resellers need to do a better job, the post office is losing money because of us.

My point is :  I took the item home, checked my measurements & weight. I did put it in a little smaller box just for my own assurance.  ( box was only a little bit different. Maybe 2 in. difference.) I then took it to my regular office and had no problems mailing it, weight was fine. As I had the clerk double check it.  I will not go back to this office after this experience. If I had followed the advice of the first clerk it would have cost me almost $10 more.  Resellers are the ones losing money in my estimation.  Take a minute and double check everyone. It may save you a lot.

Have a great weekend!

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What a week for Post office for us

There really are some clerks at the PO to avoid, and certain offices to avoid entirely! I learned that over a decade ago and it has not changed.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Thanks.....

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

if your package is more than 1 cubic foot in size, it gets dimensional weight charges where it charged a fee based on the greater of dimensional weight and actual weight.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

There really are some clerks at the PO to avoid, and certain offices to avoid entirely! I learned that over a decade ago and it has not changed.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

If you were actually TRUTHFUL in your dimensions, as so many sellers are generally not, the USPS would be a little LESS upset with us in general. Can't blame my bosses at Amazon for pissing them off. Not had a dimensional issue once with USPS I always round up to next inch. Others play the weight game & think fractional ounces matter - round up to next whole ounce. Be truthful.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

It was not, I actually used a box that I had received a similar item in and I know what I paid for postage from the post office.  I switched that box for a smaller one for "My" own clear state of mind.  The issue was the clerk, as I was being honest and did "Over round" as I always do as well. 

Thanks for the replies. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I was truthful, the box was one that I reused and had bought a similar Item in. I knew what it was because I paid the shipping as a buyer.  So thanks for your incite. I DON"T play the weight game and I try and give my buyers the same respect that I would want in sales & shipping.. We are not Amazon, just a Mom & daughter trying to make it.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

What was the dimensions of the box and it's weight?

Message 8 of 8
latest reply