cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex Charging Very High Upcharges Difficult to Get Back!!

I just got off the phone over a $32.00 Billable weight Charge added to the original charge. Meaning my weight and measurements were accurate but they tacked on almost Three Times what the original charge was. Ebay quickly gives Fedex the money from my account and then now begging to get it back. 

Most of us have Three Shipping Options. USPS, FedEx and UPS. We can compare all Three. Why would we Chose Fedex to our Surprise they triple the fee after we rule out UPS and USPS. It feels like Theft when you see it!! Offer the lowest rate, get the package and tack on a massive upcharge?

In my case it was a Racket Ball Raquet weight under 3lbs. No dispute on Measurements Total Shipping Costs from FedEx was just under $45.00. I think my eyeballs popped out like one of them old cartoons lol. Ebay was just blowing smoke so to speak and it set me off for sure. Still hoping for a positive outcome, but wow what a journey just to get this back. 

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Fedex & Ebay Stealing Through Postage Up Charges!!

I don't use Fedex while I do offer it. In my experience, Fedex is always the most expensive option. I mostly use USPS and have never had the issue you are describing. When sending a package the dimensions are just as important as the weight. The absolute best way to list/ship without getting surcharges is to make sure to have the package dimensions exact or bigger as well as the weight. You can look up "Dim weight" to learn more about why. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

From what I read here on the boards, the vast majority of the up charges are done by FedEx. 

But I did get one from UPS yesterday for $1.21

Once one ever from UPS.

I don't use FedEx as I think they are the most lackadaisical, all around, of the big 3.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Was it the guitar case? Fedex would charge special handling fees and such on that after it is delivered.

I don't deal with them but I'm sure the more experienced members will be along shortly to explain in detail.

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Both FedEx  and UPS    has  surcharge fee's  for low delivery  aera's  and   Rual  delivery   fuel  gas  use.     Package size  is important  and   a long with weight  . If package is over 1 pound 1 Oz then package goes to  2 pound   fee charge .  They both have Over 1,2,3  and  4 on their shipping chart .   

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Stop using Fed ex...easy peasy.

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for Replying. I was just upset over the Ebay rep and how it was handled. I hope it gets resolved. It is still taking several days for this. If you get a bad Ebay rep it just makes matters worse. Thank You

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for Replying. I was just upset over the Ebay rep and how it was handled. I hope it gets resolved. It is still taking several days for this. If you get a bad Ebay rep it just makes matters worse. Thank You

I hope you get your issues resovled with the Help of Ebay. I truly still believe this is an Ebay issue not Sellers or a "Fedex Thing". Thank You

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Hello, It was not a guitar case. I mailed a Racket ball Raquet weighing under 3lbs no dispute on my measurements. Total Shipping costs charged just under $45.00. Absolutely Floored over the charges and then the difficulty get them back. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I mailed a Racket ball Raquet weighing under 3lbs no dispute on my measurements. Total Shipping costs charged just under $45.00. Absolutely Floored over the charges and then the difficulty get them back.  I stopped using UPS for awhile because they were nickle and diming me on almost every package. I over estimate everything now and I am still getting hit with these add on charges. It takes moving a mountain to get it back. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Use USPS only

UPS and Fedex are famous for this and both those accounts belong to ebay making it much more difficult for users to contact and get resolution.

Someone asked you if it was a guitar case- which is oversized. Why the system doesn't show the correct pricing, I don't understand.

But, to clarify, what was the weight, size and from what zip to what zip as anyone here can check it on the Fedex Website to see what THAT says. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Hello, Fedex has been good really. Just had a bad Ebay Rep when I called in. I mailed a Racket ball raquet that got upcharged 32.00 from the original amount bringing total to just under 45.00. No dispute on my measurements. Just some ridiculous add on by Fedex, but Ebay just takes the money straight out and then it pulling teeth getting it back. 

Thanks for the reply and God Bless. 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

USPS has begun backcharging for inadequate postage rather than having the package arrive with postage due.

Expect more of this,

I do not use FEDEX Ground because the service stinks, but they may, like UPS make a hefty surcharge to correct an incorrect address, There is no reason to believe that all Ebay buyers are capable of entering their address correctly. If that corrected address requires additional shipping costs that will be added to the surcharge.

You might have had to pay a surcharge on UPS or had the package returned by USPS in such a situation.

I am not interested in defending FEDEX but there are situations in which their actions could be justified.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Why would eBay give it back if fedex charged it?

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Fedex is by far the worst for that.   Their automated measuring system can't always tell where your package ends and another starts.  So you ship a baseball and get billed for a piano.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply