cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images not showing in posts

The last two times I've tried to attach an image to a post here in Community, it looks OK in preview but then the image doesn't show up in the post.  Maybe my browser is obsolete, but I'm wondering whether this has happened to anybody else or what I might do to fix it?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I have no suggestions--just posting to confirm I've had issues uploading images, as well. Sometimes they'll post successfully, but if I need to go back and edit a post, the images won't ever load into the edit box. If I cancel the edit, the image(s) will show up again when it refreshes.

So, again, no help, just commiserating. 

Desktop platform

Windows 10 OS

Chrome Browser

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the confirmation and commiserating.  

I guess it's not a browser issue, since I"m using Safari 12.1.2 on a MacBook.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I'm seeing this sporadically on my desktop Firefox. Images are slow to upload and slow to download. There seems to be some sluggishness in page loading as well. I thought it was the weather. In some posts I see the placeholder text and must click to reload image.

Aside from weather, I was attributing the slowness to the ongoing changes we have been seeing the past few days, where things come and go, as it is apparent Khoros appears to be rolling out new code.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I find that by refreshing the page after posting will show the pictures. 

I've gone back to edit and add the pictures again and found them there all along. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

If I start typing right after I upload a picture, the picture will show.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Thanks for reporting this issue. Nicole just opened a ticket for this today. One of us will circle around if we need more information.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

If there are screenshots of the post not showing in the message, can you share here please?

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I'm struggling to get photos to upload (mostly when I use copy/paste directly within the post). When the photo is loading into the page, I will see the box and loading icon. Sometimes the image appears, but if I flip to "preview" there is a blank space. The HTML code will show the name of the image, but only a local URL, not an absolute URL, or perhaps only an image label. I'll try to capture next time when not so much in a rush to revise before timing out. Frequently, I have to delete the spaceholder area and upload again.

Another issue: Previously, when dropping an image into the post and opening the picture dialog from the pencil in the post, I could add a label and select a folder, but they didn't stick, and haven't for the past year (so I have a LOT of unsorted photos). Recently, the label and folder have been sticking as intended.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Possibly associated. Here is something that I see.

No Images, but poster has put 2 in the post.

(also note that I do not see the screenshot that I dragged and dropped to this post.)

When posted, see just a little square there on the right.

EDIT:  now that I have come back to edit I can see my screenshot

seeing this.jpg

Look at the page again after looking at another post, and it shows an image on the left, but still not that second image.

Click on that thread, it opens with just the left photo, and the indication that there is another  .jpg (can be clicked on to view)

desktop, windows, firefox

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Strangely enough, my attempt to post an image of my failure to post an image, failed.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply