cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I seeing things?????????

I'm being taken to the last READ post instead of the last post........

I have thought a few times over the past year(?) it had been fixed but I was mistaken. I just checked a few threads that have many new posts since I last read and it really looks like it's working again.

I need confirmation desperately because I might be lowing my mind!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I started not to comment for the fear of 'jinxing' us... but mine is working again, too! Hip, hip, hooray!!!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Can not beleive I had not noticed, just went to check, and YUP - last post read YAY

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yay! It's about time! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

You're correct. We released an update on Wednesday afternoon. I haven't posted about this yet, because I need to get clarification from the development team on one thing I don't love about this new change.

Will post more early next week.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

sheila@ebay wrote:

You're correct. We released an update on Wednesday afternoon. I haven't posted about this yet, because I need to get clarification from the development team on one thing I don't love about this new change.

Will post more early next week.

I'm dying of curiosity here... 🙂 What is the one thing you don't love about it?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@slippinjimmy 

I just opened a thread I had not previously visited at all. I was taken to post #19.

Conversely, I revisited a thread I had read earlier, and it took me to the OP's Message #1.

SMH.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Don't know about the first thread, but for the second thread that sounds like how it's supposed to work. When you've read an entire thread, the "jump to first unread post" feature takes you back to the OP since there are no unread posts.

If you're saying there were new posts since your last visit and it took you to the OP instead, then that's different.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Conversely, I revisited a thread I had read earlier, and it took me to the OP's Message #1.

I've had this happen inconsistently and there were additional posts to it that I had not read.....

When you've read an entire thread, the "jump to first unread post" feature takes you back to the OP since there are no unread posts.

just my logic....which is probably no one else's', but I would think if one had read the entire thread it should take you back to the last post...........since everything previously had been read. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

If you're saying there were new posts since your last visit and it took you to the OP instead, then that's different.

There were indeed new posts that had been added to the thread since I had read it.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

I've had this happen inconsistently and there were additional posts to it that I had not read.....

Good. Then it's not just me! Thee were additional post I had not read in the thread, too.

@dhbookds wrote:

When you've read an entire thread, the "jump to first unread post" feature takes you back to the OP since there are no unread posts.

just my logic....which is probably no one else's', but I would think if one had read the entire thread it should take you back to the last post...........since everything previously had been read. 

That's my logic as well, @dhbookds. The first unread post is not the original post under any stretch of the imagination. I agree it should take you to the last post--not the first post--even if you've read every single one of them.

Maybe the community software team will be hosting one of the new monthly chats. We can ask about it then.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply