cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

complaint

I sold a sewing pattern for $5.00. The buyer wrote an angry message and posted negative feedback claiming that the pattern was dirty, missing pieces, cut, etc. Over the top. I asked her to send me photos but she hasn't. I know that I should just refund it because it is too small an amount to waste time on, but at the same time, I feel like she is scamming. None of the reviews about her are negative (at least recently).

What do you advise?

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

complaint

Refunding will not change the feedback which is the real problem.

While eBay doesn't use FB to assess member accounts, new customers will.

Look not at her FB Received , but at her Feedback Left for Others.

Does that indicate changes or removals? If so this may well be a tactic to get free stuff. (For five bucks. Sheesh. )

All your patterns are described as Used.

It may help if that is in the Title as well as in Item Specifics and in the Description.

You can't say it too often.

Many pattern sellers state "uncut unused factory folded" for old patterns that have not been used, even if the envelope is scruffy.

Patterns really require a status other than New or Used, since many have been purchased and then never touched again.

You could add a Response like "I regret you were not happy with your purchase. Please return it for a refund."

If she opens a Dispute. "I regret you were not happy with your purchase. Please return it for a refund."

If she opens a Dispute, you may have to send return shipping. If she doesn't use it, you win the Dispute and eventually the shipping will be refunded.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 30 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

complaint

Just refund it because it is too small an amount to waste time on.

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

complaint

blocked bidders list and refund: respond to neg left with just "refunded".

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

complaint

Should i wait till she sends me back photos?

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

complaint

I wouldn't refund right off the bat, however, I would send her a short and polite message:

"Hello, I'm sorry you are not happy with your purchase, please submit a return request through eBay for refund" If buyer does indeed submits it, then is on you to determine if you want to pay for shipping, or refund automatically. I know that the shipping cost is higher, but I don't want to let buyer think that they can just submit a rant and they get money for it. Let them do some work as well. 

Message 5 of 32
latest reply

complaint

@vmliferesources wrote:

No, buyers are not required to send photos.......... When I ask for them, I state that I will refund as soon as they are received........so I usually get them......... but do NOT let a case close without you accepting the return.....you will get a defect for that. 

Message 6 of 32
latest reply

complaint

You say uncut, she says missing pieces-who is right?

I don't know what she was expecting for shipping besides putting it in an envelope and mailing it-it was only $5, not a museum piece.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

complaint

Guess I don't get it, why do you need a photo, don't you know what you sent her?

Any chance her complaints are valid?

All in all, it's a $5 item. Is it worth the stress & strain for $5 or would you rather just refund and get it over with?

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

complaint

I think you  just sold to a Karen.  unsanitary?  She's crazy.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 9 of 32
latest reply

complaint

yes, I have the photos I showed with the listing. She is describing conditions that are not consistent with what I sent her.

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

complaint

The funny thing is that I had it listed for $7.00. She offered $5.00 and added that she is a fast payer (took her 2 days) and that she always leaves good reviews.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

complaint

no, complaints are not valid

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

complaint

@vmliferesources wrote:

For this amount: pointless and a waist of time.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

complaint

it wasn't an auction.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

complaint

i hear you. just makes me mad

Message 15 of 32
latest reply