cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total gross sales for 1 month=$419.76, total deposits to my bank account = $34.37. Hmmmmmm

where oh where did my money go.  any ideas out there?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Total gross sales for 1 month=$419.76, total deposits to my bank account = $34.37. Hmmmmmm

@bargainbasement101 

$35 out of $420 seems on the low side. 

How much of that ~$420 went to shipping? How much were the selling/payment processing fees? 
Did you promote any of those listings?

Does this include your store subscription cost?

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

What are your total funds on ebay? Were any payouts initiated over the weekend, they are possibly being process on Monday (they are 'closed' on weekends). Unless they are on hold for some reason, they should appear in your checking account if these are recent sales.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@bargainbasement101 wrote:

You have access to a seller dashboard that will give you the detail for every single penny. 

But we can't see that, so we can't tell you. 

• Are some of the funds on hold?
  • Did some go toward a store subscription? 
  • Did some go toward listing upgrades? 
  • Did some go toward refunds for previous transactions?  
  • Did some go toward shipping labels? 
  • Did you incur penalty fees?
  • Did you cancel auctions with bids on them?

In theory it could be a combination of just about any fees or expenses one could incur on eBay. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@bargainbasement101 wrote:

Go to the Payments Tab of the Seller Hub and review your activity.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

You certainly aren't a new seller, so I have to think you know how payouts work.   So without more information I don't know how anyone could possibly answer your question.   It doesn't appear you are referring to this selling ID, since I only see about $40. worth of items this month so far (not counting the postage which didn't look to be a large amount). 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Shipping and supplies, maybe labor?

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

shipping 182.16

no promotions

refunds 13.55

other fees ( store subscription) 27.95

charges 33.41

payouts 196.86 the amount my bank should  show  in the balance

orders for november=395.65

my buyers pay the shipping costs so why do label show up on my  report? unless they are taking my buyers shipping money  AND my label fees and double dipping

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

my numbers are coming from my november report 11/1/2023---11/30/ 2023 report

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@bargainbasement101 wrote: ...

my buyers pay the shipping costs so why do label show up on my  report? ...

Buyers' payments for shipping go to you, and then you purchase the labels.  

Frequently, those two values are different, such as when the shipping calculator in the listing charges buyers the retail price but sellers pay the online discounted price for postage labels. Therefore eBay (and the IRS) consider the buyer's payments for both the item and for shipping as income, and then you deduct the actual postage cost.

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

EBAY "holds back" shipping money (so you will have funds available when you print labels).   You are NOT paying twice.

Also I wanted to point out that EBAY monthly "gross sales" is wildly inaccurate (includes purchase price + shipping) and even "cancelled sales or returned merchandise".    And shipping money never goes to the Seller as this is used to "print labels".

If you click on PAYOUT (this will give an itemized list and a breakdown of all the fees deducted).

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Fees on the gross sales, including shipping, and taxes.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 12 of 12
latest reply