cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer did a charge back immediately after I shipped the item, but fortunately...

Fortunately I checked the email on time, and I immediately went back to the post office and retrieved the package that I just dropped off.

Question now: Do I cancel the order?

If I respond to the dispute, there are only 2 options:

*Challenge and provide supporting documentation.
*Accept and agree to have the dispute amount deducted from my funds.
If I accept and agree to have the dispute amount deducted from my funds, that would not be fair because the fees and taxes would also be deducted from my funds. The total transaction amount is about $150, and only about $100 went to my funds.
By the way, they bought this Saturday, and they waited for the item shipped and positive feedback left before filing a charge-back.
Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Buyer did a charge back immediately after I shipped the item, but fortunately...

This Buyer is Quite a Scammer..and You are very Fortunate to have Retrieved the Package

before Losing it and your Payment to a Chargeback...If it happened to Me I would Cancel the Transaction and Say it was At the Buyer's Request..as the Reason...I might also Try Contacting eBay (have them call you)

to Report the Buyer and Confirm that you Should Cancel the Sale...Be sure to Block that Buyer after this is Resolved...Also..this is One Reason NOT to leave Feedback for a Buyer until you Know that the Item has been Happily Received.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

I tried to cancel the order, and its says I cannot because there is a dispute. I tried to refund, but it says that I can not because there is a dispute. What the heck?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Are they going to charge the whole transaction amount from my funds? And eBay got to keep the fees?

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

You won't be able to do anything until the chargeback is resolved, but in this case you can just Refund the Buyer through the case, and it will end the process without an additional charge for disputing the charge back.  Just go to your Resolution Center: https://www.ebay.com/sh/resolutions and view the case, then see if you have the option to issue a refund.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

It wouldn't let me cancel, or even refund.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

What sort of dispute if its they didn’t recognize the transaction all you needed to do was upload tracking into the case to show shipping to the buyers zipcode and you would win. But now that you’ve stopped the shipment I dont know what the outcome will be.  

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

I just cancelled the shipping label, but still I can use it before it got actually cancelled. They wouldn't cancel it if it got scanned.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Should I mail it? The label wouldn't be cancelled if I use it.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

"Your buyer filed a payment dispute for an order placed on Dec 09, 2023. This means that they disputed a charge directly with their payment institution. They are requesting $139.50 back and the reason for this dispute is that the buyer did not recognize the transaction."

Now they have $139.50 on hold from my account, but I only get $116.78 from this transaction. eBay want to charge the whole $139.50 from me, as if i were the thief.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

You have to refund through the dispute. If you do that now, eBay will refund the taxes and any fees that were charged. I haven’t had a dispute in a while but I believe it says something like ‘accept the dispute’.

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

@dreambooks 

What was the reason for the Payment Dispute (aka chargeback)?

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

the buyer did not recognize the transaction.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Also make sure to use the "Report Buyer" in the drop down inside the transaction details.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

ebay does not keep the fee. It is returned to the seller.

Message 15 of 19
latest reply