cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SALES WAY DOWN TO ALMOST NOTHING?????????????

MY SALES ARE NOTHING ANYMORE. MORE FEES AND NO SALES CAN YOU TELL ME WHY! I HAVE BEEN SELLING OVER 20 YEARS AND THIS IS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 45
latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

So when you do a search on eBay to purchase an item can you easily find what you are looking for???

How are your views and watchers??

Oh and the inflation does not help for sure:  expendable income being less is the result of such.

Message 2 of 45
latest reply

Today is the 16th and you have about 32 sales so far this month.  Maybe you are accustomed to more than that, but that certainly does not translate to "nothing" in most of our minds.

And to what "more fees" are you referring?  

Message 3 of 45
latest reply

Many sellers are feeling the pinch but assuming you actually want comment:

You are selling in a truly oversaturated market.  Listings for used handbags, shoes, and clothing are in the millions, as everybody and her sister decided to hit the thrift stores and make a money reselling clothing and accesssories on eBay.

You are running auctions, and most people no longer want to hang around waiting for an auction to end.  They want to see it, buy it, get it.  So think about using fixed price listings.

You have a "No Returns" policy and that can scare away buyers, even though experienced buyers know that does not mean "No Refunds" because of eBay's MBG.  So think about that policy.

As here, you use ALL CAPS in your listings which is far more difficult to read than upper and lower case, especially for anyone with even slight visdual impairment.  Consider changing your keyboarding habits.

Think about using plain white backgrounds for your photos instead of your washing machine, chairs with patterned coverings, porch railings, water heater, outdoor clothes-lines and other random spots around your house and yard.  A plain background shows off the merchandise and looks professional.

This is all meant as constructive criticism and with the observation that what worked in an easy market often does not work in a hard one.

-

Message 4 of 45
latest reply

If you have been selling here for twenty years, you know Ebay has always been cyclical, especially in the summer months.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 45
latest reply

what kind of products are you selling? people's priorities have changed with the economy , they are now spending on what they need mostly and less of what they want. still everyone likes a deal try to find products consumer's are still willing to buy in this environment and try to source as cheap as possible you been doing it for 20 years great achievement markets will turn around (eventually) good luck happy selling 

Message 6 of 45
latest reply

Same with Amazon. Maybe same everywhere in e-commerce. 

I will say it still unnerves me to see auctions go with 0-4 views. And yes I know the arguments against auctions. Often I will run an auction, relist or relist with Best Offer, then if worthy move to my store. I've had stuff sell at all three levels. 

My main problem is that when scouting I have piled up too much inventory with low demand or low sales prices. I've gone through and jettisoned quite a lot and could stand to do more. Sometimes it's just hard to admit that I spent money on stuff that actually is not really likely to sell for anything worth the time and money and effort.

Plus all the ebay work siphons off time and energy I could use instead listing on Amazon. In the future - not sure how soon - I will abandon ebay and just scout for and list stuff on Amazon. A friend does that and has oogles more time for life than I do. Plus she doesn't have to deal with the bulky mail I do, all those boxes of ebay merch.

Message 7 of 45
latest reply

" In the future - not sure how soon - I will abandon ebay and just scout for and list stuff on Amazon. A friend does that and has oogles more time for life than I do. Plus she doesn't have to deal with the bulky mail I do, all those boxes of ebay merch."

I'd be sorry to see you go but I'm on the same path. I can sell my primitives, old toys, old dolls, sterling, and jewelry anywhere. For me, it's about wanting my house back and wanting more time for life. My husband's quadruple bypass was a game changer. Also, I'm just tired of the ebay game. It takes me a good few hours to list things, a few hours to get them ready and ebay just isnt fun for me anymore. The return on investment isnt there when I make more for my time elsewhere. Geez I really used to love hearing the cha-ching though. 😀

Message 8 of 45
latest reply

@jc4420   I agree with @soh.maryl  ...  you have plenty of sales this month so is the intention here to try and drive traffic via The Community in hopes someone here buys something?  Don't laugh, members have done that.  With 20 years of sales experience I suspect you know what does and does not sell well ...

As to your pictures, Google image recognition works best with a plain white background ... inexpensive foam board panels or poster board as background would facilitate that ...

Mr. L

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 45
latest reply

For having less than 100 offerings, your sales are pretty darned good. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 45
latest reply

Try to adapt and improve your strengths. I agree with other people before me. We are not in a very good economy and depression is coming. a strong indicator is the prices of food,rent,gas prices and houses.

Message 11 of 45
latest reply

You don't have to shout.

Message 12 of 45
latest reply

Correct. Unbelievable especially at those prices. I would think it would be way less sales.

Message 13 of 45
latest reply

208 sales the past 90 days and you think this is 'almost nothing'??

Message 14 of 45
latest reply

As here, you use ALL CAPS in your listings which is far more difficult to read than upper and lower case, especially for anyone with even slight visdual impairment.

@maxine*j 

I suffer from the same affliction... it hurts both my eyes, too. "Visdual impairment" it is! 😎

Message 15 of 45
latest reply