cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Hold prevents me from shipping item to buyer

How do I 

1. contact a human to assist me 

2. How do I refund the buyers money because I cannot ship the item as the payment is being held for two weeks

3. I have a stellar record for shipping and I do not know why the buyers funds are bing held for over two weeks.

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Payment Hold prevents me from shipping item to buyer

@cubakahn wrote:

If I have no money to ship and item and need the funds for shipping (I charged for "shipping" ) then the seller might have trouble shipping.

Buy your shipping label through Ebay and use the pending funds to cover the shipping charge.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 31
latest reply

You seem to be missing the point as to how to ship using the funds your buyer paid

when you go to print the shipping label scroll down and choose this option to pay:

!funds.jpg

understand this....we are on your side...we are trying to help and prevent you from doing something that you may regret down the road...we are not misleading you.

Message 17 of 31
latest reply

I understand completely the answers given here. I've been a member since 1999.

yes, I understood that I could use the funds being held for 18 days to print a shipping label.

And that is great, if I had a printer. 

Message 18 of 31
latest reply

I stopped selling when a buyer insisted I didn't mail the item but I did.

I lost money.

I buy in eBay. 
I have a great record. 

Message 19 of 31
latest reply

18 days is excessive.

Message 20 of 31
latest reply

An excessive hold.

simply not worth the trouble.

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

@cubakahn wrote:

I understand completely the answers given here. I've been a member since 1999.

yes, I understood that I could use the funds being held for 18 days to print a shipping label.

And that is great, if I had a printer. 

You don't need a printer. 

Purchase the label and choose "QR code" as the label format. You'll be sent the code by ebay, after which you take the package to the p.o. and show them the QR code. They scan it and print the label. 

Screenshot 2024-04-30 at 12.52.10 PM.png

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

This is why human customer service helps every business. 
telling a eBay customer/ seller they are not a. "Great " seller when they have taken pride in fast payment and shipping is tacky. The eBay experience gets denigrated. 

18 days is excessive. 

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

@cubakahn wrote:

This is why human customer service helps every business. 
telling a eBay customer/ seller they are not a. "Great " seller when they have taken pride in fast payment and shipping is tacky. The eBay experience gets denigrated. 

18 days is excessive. 

You might have been a great seller, when you were selling before, but things change.

You come back and sold 1 item and already talking about canceling the order.

Be lucky it's only 18 days, some sellers they hold the funds for 30 days.

Have a great day
Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@cubakahn wrote:

An excessive hold.

simply not worth the trouble.

What trouble? You WILL receive the funds - just not tomorrow. Furthermore that hold WILL go away after you have a few more recent sales under your belt. You may or may not have noticed also that you were told about the hold at the time you uploaded your new listing(s).

So anyway - you are free to have any views you like about whether the hold is excessive but hopefully you now understand that (1) you can buy the postage for the sold item from the held funds so you will not be out of pocket at all and (2) you can obtain a QR code for the label and let your post office print it for you at shipping time. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

You want to cancel an order, thereby providing a bad experience to the buyer, for something that is completely not their fault. They held up their end of the deal, but you won't?

How is that a 'great seller'?

If you ship it, you'll have your money within 18 days.

If you don't ship it, you won't get any money. Probably will owe eBay at least $0.30 though. 

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Or worse, never be able to use that 25 year old account again! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

1.) You really don't want a voice on the phone.

Those are employees of a subcontractor in Utah or the Philippines poorly trained and with a quota of calls to answer each shift.

The sooner they get you off the phone the sooner they reach quota.

2.) You can use the Held funds to buy a shipping label. EBay offers discounts on shipping when you buy the labels through them.

3.) You have not been selling for over a year. New and occasional sellers have a 21-30 day Hold on bank transfer of their customer payments. It's not personal.

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

@cubakahn wrote:

18 days is excessive.

@cubakahn 

I know of many new sellers who would kill for an 18-day payout. You're getting better (sounding) info than others, FWIW.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

@cubakahn 

It is so important when you start a new job to learn what the basics are of that job before diving in.  It is no different here.  People are depending on you.  

You need to know how your money is processed, how to properly create a listing and basic customer service at the very least.

You need to get whatever you sold shipped or you will significantly damage the health of your selling account from the start.  If you hold that shipment up, you will cause yourself harm, upset the buyer, earn a defect on your account and likely a negative feedback from your buyer.

You can use the Pending funds to purchase your shipping label if you create your shipping label within Ebay.  If you are unsure how to do that, just ask.  But get that item shipped out within whatever your stated handling time was on the sale.

If you can post more stuff.  The ONLY way to work out of having funds held is to get some selling experience.

Ebay has had a rule for many years that pertains to New Seller and sellers that have been away from selling for 90+ days. The following is the policy that outlines why you money is likely on hold.

https://export.ebay.com/en/fees-and-payments/payments/payment-holds/

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 30 of 31
latest reply