cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package arriver damaged

Hi  I am new at this never had a package arrive damaged.  It looks like a truck ran it over.  Can someone please help me of where to start first.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Package arriver damaged

Go into your purchase history, click the drop down menu it will say MORE ACTIONS then click RETURN THIS ITEM. 

Next click damaged or doesn't match pictures or description.

You may be required to upload a picture, after that you can click submit, complete return. 
Your seller has 2 days to issue a return label or refund, if by day 4 you don’t receive a return label or refund. You can go back to the case and that’s when you can ask eBay to step in. 

When the seller accepts your return, issues you a label, you have to return the item. Once the return has been delivered to the seller, the seller has 2 days to refund. If that doesn't happen on day 3 you can ask eBay to step in for assistance.
Good luck. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Package arriver damaged

@claubre66 

You need to return the item for the reason you are posting here.  Go here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-items-not-received-refunds-buyers/return-item-refund?id=404...

Make sure you reach out to your seller and tell them what happened as well.  Was the item packaged poorly? Most likely it was the neglect of USPS, not an usual topic here on this forum.  Make sure the seller sends you a label to return it and then either have your mail carrier pick it up when they make their rounds or take it to the post office to ship back to the seller.  Once the seller has it back in their possession,  they should issue you a refund.  Sorry for your situation.  It happens. 

Have a great weekend

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Package arriver damaged

@claubre66 Are you the seller or buyer?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Package arriver damaged

If fedex check the delivery photo to make sure it arrived as shown. Respond immediately, apologize, offer a free return for a full refund or to send a comparable or better replacement if possible.

I like to compensate for the problem and hassle of doing a return so I like to offer a $25 discount on anything I have in my store including shipping. You would likely find out that any losses incurred would be recouped by handling things in a way that insures a customer is satisfied. I have gotten business and made large profits just from the way things were handled. Plus you will save a lot of time and aggravation likely here and or with CS trying to deal with the results of an unhappy buyer. 

Dont forget to file an insurance claim if possible

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Package arriver damaged

That's a good question, that's some info that seems kind of pertinent here.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Package arriver damaged

Is it wrong to assume that those posting in "selling" are asking selling questions?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Package arriver damaged

UPS takes photos too. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Package arriver damaged

"Is it wrong to assume that those posting in "selling" are asking selling questions?"

Yes, it is wrong to assume that.  Buyers post on this forum more than you'd imagine.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Package arriver damaged

@claubre66 wrote:

Hi  I am new at this never had a package arrive damaged.  It looks like a truck ran it over.  Can someone please help me of where to start first.

@claubre66 

@ebooksdiva 

Here is  the link we received on ca for postal issues.

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Not super helpful because we use Canadapost which is not USPS. The info on filing claims is at the bottom of the page.

The first problem to filing a claim properly  with USPS etc require actual contact information. That can be very well hidden if a certain amount of time has past.  2nd problem is buyer cooperation. Not always easy to achieve. Lastly eBay owns the account label account numbers so technically any refunds/credits have to be routed to them first before you  (the seller) see that refund. Throw in there is no way within eBay to actually force a buyer to repay. You are on your own at that stage. Possible. But not easy.

-Lotz

PS. In many cases when something arrived damaged is it really worth the cost of shipping the item back? That, only you can answer. Mostly what you need are photos and that cooperation part from buyers to complete the claim so YOU can get your money back. If it arrived late not really the sellers fault. If it was crushed in transit by the CARRIER also not your fault. Poor packing...A life lesson and would be sellers fault. 

PS #2. In dealing with all kinds of freight in the past if something looked like it could be damaged when it arrived. (olden days with everything got signed for) we would mark subject to inspection and be covered with a time window to process. Now where items are either left on doorstep or community mailbox receivers don't usually see the delivery person. Makes the claims process much more difficult.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Package arriver damaged

@pastcache wrote:

Is it wrong to assume that those posting in "selling" are asking selling questions?

It's not "wrong" but it would be inaccurate.

Buyers post questions here all the time seeking advice from sellers.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 11 of 11
latest reply