cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impressive Buying Technique

Thought I’ve seen them all.

Buyer makes 4 offers that are auto declined.  Then meets my minimum price and I accept the bid, which is 30% off my asking price.

Get several messages in a row about an hour later after I accepted the bid, about the technically "sold item".

--

“I was trying to purchase it for $50 that's all i can afford.. sorry if you can sell it to me for that price I will purchase it... thanks”

"Am sorry i was trying to get it for $50"

"I know plus shipping fees"

"Can u do that"

"Can we try $55 am really on a Budget.."

--

Isn't the price normally negotiated before purchase?

I would have probably went $55 but…. iceberg ahead.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Impressive Buying Technique

NOW you've seen it all...

Or have you? 🙂

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

If they have accepted the offer, then they are done negotiating and have committed to buy.  If they don't pay within the allotted time, file a Non-Paying Buyer claim and just move on.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Add to the blocked buyer list, do not respond to any more of their correspondence on the topic, and file the non-paying buyer as soon as possible.  Then close it as soon as possible.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

NOW you've seen it all...

Or have you? 🙂

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Eyes too big for his stomach eh?

If he has not paid after 48 hours, open the Unpaid Item Dispute and close it after 96 hours.

No point in talking.

It is also possible to set your Best Offers to have a minimum acceptable under which the offer gets a polite automatic refusal.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

curious - how do you sell something for $50 when everything you have and have sold is in the $3 to $20 range?

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Isn't the price normally negotiated before purchase?

Here is a post where a seller accidentally accepted a return when he didn't mean to: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Accidental-Return-Accepted/m-p/25079577

Here is a post where a seller accidentally accepted an offer when he didn't mean to:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Accidentally-accepted-a-scam-offer/m-p/29559779

Here is a post where a seller accidentally double-listed an item  when he didn't mean to: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Accidental-double-listing/m-p/29048602

Here is a post where a seller accidentally listed at a price he didn't mean to: 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Accidentally-entered-wrong-listing-price/m-p/29657248

Could it be that instead of an "impressive buying technique" and "negotiating after purchase",  your buyer simply accepted the offer by accident?

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Could it be that instead of an "impressive buying technique" and "negotiating after purchase",  your buyer simply accepted the offer by accident?

No, the buyer is the one who made the offer.  He made 4 offers actually.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

"curious - how do you sell something for $50 when everything you have and have sold is in the $3 to $20 range?"

Not sure what you're looking at, I have nothing for sale for $3.  All of the items I have on this account are $10 and above.  But the sale in question was on another selling account.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I think this title should read 'Annoying Buying Technique'. I would've told him to pay what he offered and I accepted and pay it in the next hour'. When he doesn't; cancel, block, relist and hopefully not a rinse and repeat scenario.

I think 'offers' makes this place a garage sale. Buy it Now or regular 'no reserve' auctions with any offers being made during the auction to get a response that says 'We're letting the auction ride to the end-bid high, bid often!' 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply