cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I love eBay!!!

I love eBay. Been using it for 23 years. Now 78, retired and gives me something to do. Spend on average around 2 to 3 hours a day listing & shipping. I do not get stressed because it is not my primary source of income. I make enough to spend on gas, beer, concerts, minor expenses and nights out with my wife for dinner. It is now more like a hobby , but instead of spending money I can  make money. It gives me something to due to fill the day and I enjoy doing it. I hope all the eBay sellers who are currently struggling with sales have a great productive holiday season. Happy Holidays!

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: I love eBay!!!

I hope you don't get caught listing items in the wrong category.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

God Bless! Love everything about this post. Happy Holidays to you & yours as well!

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

I am pretty much like you but a few years younger but retired and simply do this for something to keep me busy part of the time. One reason I use the auction format is simply because I can list items and pretty much forget about eBay for the time period the auction is running since I don't use OBO on any of my listings. So I post on Sunday, auction runs for 7 days and my week is free to do whatever else I want to do without having to worry about daily monitoring or shipping items. 

Frankly the carrier services cause me more headaches than eBay. About the only time I cringe a bit is when eBay has an unannounced change or a system glitch. I have always been grateful eBay's IT department is not taking care of our nuclear weapons systems. 🙂

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

@dbfolks166mt wrote:

I am pretty much like you but a few years younger but retired and simply do this for something to keep me busy part of the time. One reason I use the auction format is simply because I can list items and pretty much forget about eBay for the time period the auction is running since I don't use OBO on any of my listings. So I post on Sunday, auction runs for 7 days and my week is free to do whatever else I want to do without having to worry about daily monitoring or shipping items. 

Frankly the carrier services cause me more headaches than eBay. About the only time I cringe a bit is when eBay has an unannounced change or a system glitch. I have always been grateful eBay's IT department is not taking care of our nuclear weapons systems🙂

Oh, my god.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Can you please elaborate. Thanks

Message 20 of 24
latest reply

May you continue to enjoy manny moments of happiness together.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

@buddyboyusa wrote:

I love eBay. Been using it for 23 years. Now 78, retired and gives me something to do. Spend on average around 2 to 3 hours a day listing & shipping. I do not get stressed because it is not my primary source of income. I make enough to spend on gas, beer, concerts, minor expenses and nights out with my wife for dinner. It is now more like a hobby , but instead of spending money I can  make money. It gives me something to due to fill the day and I enjoy doing it. I hope all the eBay sellers who are currently struggling with sales have a great productive holiday season. Happy Holidays!

Is this an ebay advertisement?! Well its about time!

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@isaiah53-57 wrote:

@buddyboyusa wrote:

I love eBay. 

Is this an ebay advertisement?! Well its about time!

Hope to see a love ebay drafted for buyers this holiday season.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

I agree. I do  get stressed over the few negative feedbacks I get or the "Item Not Described" or the occasional buyer return request. It is all good.  Very thankful for an outlet to spend my time and make some money doing it. PS - I read most of your comments on this message board and have become a better seller because of the  information you provide. Thank you for your dedication to help eBay community.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply