cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highly impatient buyer- rant....

Just a vent- Buyer purchased a $13 widget which I shipped on 2/1. Today, just three days later, I awake to a rude message from this buyer. They say they live on the West Coast and tracking shows the package is currently in Macon Ga. They want me to explain this. That's what she said, can you explain why this is? 

Then she proceeds to tell me that I should have shipped this using priority via USPS. She can verify all this herself, but instead chooses to accuse me first. 

I've already replied very kindly and explained everything to her, and she replied back thanking me. Package is expected to be delivered on Monday, which is still several days before the expected date of delivery. Three days.... three days and she's all anxiety ridden that something devious is going on.... Still amazes me that people live their lives in fear and suspicion....

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Highly impatient buyer- rant....

Some people just latch onto tracking the second a label is printed and check it every thirty seconds right up until the package arrives, at which point they are standing at the mailbox with their hand out.

They further wish that tracking covered every vehicle stop and every moment that the package changes hands, maybe accompanied with real-time camera footage of the entire trip. 

I don't think most of these people would be capable of surviving the old days of catalog ordering, where you'd write out an order on a slip of paper, send it out with a check or money order, and wait a month-plus for the item to arrive ×× gasp××. All the while,  without tracking. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Just curious, did you check her feedback left for others?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

All negative news, everywhere. 

Need more positive stories to help make people less anxious about everything else.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

That's great that you remained calm and professional, and were able to chill her out. The ability to do that is what separates those that will make it in this business and those that won't.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I did, she doesn't ever leave feedback....

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for that, but in fairness I first had to have my coffee and sit on my reply for a moment (or two) before I could compose a professional and kind reply. I am human after all, regardless of what others in this forum say.... lol

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Yep, I get buyers like that all the time. Seems everybody is on edge and assuming the worst these days. Tomorrow is Sunday and will no doubt result in the usual messages from Saturday buyers angry that their packages haven't shipped yet. It really does get old.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

On the other hand, I sold a diamond ring for $1100. Shipping out with Insurance for $1200. Sent registered, signature confirmation on November 29.  It was 100% untraceable, lost until 3 weeks later it showed up in Queens NY having been shipped from Manhattan NY.

There were about 100 emails back & forth until delivery 4 weeks & a few days between me & the buyer.  
She could have not been more understanding!  I assured her the package was completely insured and that she would not lose any money whatsoever.  
She wanted the diamond wedding band ring.

I was so relieved 3 weeks after hearing nothing that it was lost in a different post office in a borough of NYC…Why? How? I don’t know!

Honestly there really were 100 emails between buyer & me, seller.

She even left positive feedback.  
Let’s face it!  It was her husband’s Xmas present to her & very meaningful to her.

A Wonderful eBay customer…happy ending she was patient!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

How wonderful the ring wasn't lost completely, and this had a happy ending for both of you....

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Some people just latch onto tracking the second a label is printed and check it every thirty seconds right up until the package arrives, at which point they are standing at the mailbox with their hand out.

They further wish that tracking covered every vehicle stop and every moment that the package changes hands, maybe accompanied with real-time camera footage of the entire trip. 

I don't think most of these people would be capable of surviving the old days of catalog ordering, where you'd write out an order on a slip of paper, send it out with a check or money order, and wait a month-plus for the item to arrive ×× gasp××. All the while,  without tracking. 

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@spark-chaser1 wrote:

<snip>

Honestly, I believe this was the case. Her comments were all about the tracking and what it showed. She never bothered to verify anything that was already available to her, just looking at the stops the package had made in the three days it was in movement. She wanted me to explain to her why the tracking showed what it did....

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Its Amazon, and the microwave generation.  

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Its all about instant gratification in this day and age. " I want it, and I want it NOW".

These same people would be frantic if you were delayed in shipping their item because of a personal emergency, or if a weather disaster caused the shipping route to change a few miles farther than where they think it ought to be. 

Especially in your case, where its a 13 - dollar item, for Pete's sake,  its amusing ( aside from the hassle they cause you). 

I hope this type of buyer doesn't buy internationally, where tracking in a lot of cases doesn't exist. And we are talking big- ticket items with 14 to 40 days ship schedules...

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I've received many like this; it's the Friday Night Fireball talkin. The next morning, when you respond, they just say 'thanks' because they really don't even care. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply