cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TILL CANCELED IS **bleep**!

Now eBay is telling me how long I can list a item - instead of ending it on a Sunday evening when more people are home.

BUT the real irk - they are charging me at least $2.05 instead of 35 cents - it's a scam & there's nothing I can do??

Why not let us choose - we pay for the privilege to sell on ebay, wasn't it enough?

AND since I owe a paypal loan that is paid back through sales going through my paypal acct - I have to keep using eBay at least until I pay off the loan.

But I am NOT happy.

Trying to be the person my dogs always knew I could be
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: GOOD TILL CANCELED IS **bleep**!

what are they  charging you $2.05 for?  have you run out of free listings?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

I don't know - it says $2.05 (or more if i use 2 categories) when I get to bottom to list?

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Unclick the GALLERY box if it is checked on both.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

@journeymagazine wrote:

I don't know - it says $2.05 (or more if i use 2 categories) when I get to bottom to list?

You need to look at your listing closely.  You have some stuff clicked on that is costing you extra money.  It will show on the listing form and again at the bottom just before you click to commit the listing or revise it.

Now you won't be able to undo it on an existing listing and get a credit for the listing upgrades, but you will want to make sure you change it before it renews or you will get charged again for the upgrades.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Thank you, I'll check.

Am I the only one who DOES NOT like the new mandatory good till canceled & the extra charges that come with it (no matter what is unclicked; it's still more than before - and I can't have my listings end Sun or Mon evenings - when I make more sales than other days)?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

As far as hoping eBay will walk back this change, this question came  up at Chat on March 27, 2019.  One of the Blues stated in Chat that eBay has no plans to rescind this change.

You can read the Chat if you care to confirm this; there are other GTC related questions there as well.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Community-Chat-March-27-1-00-pm-PT-General-Topics/m-p/29652254...

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

@journeymagazine wrote:

Thank you, I'll check.

Am I the only one who DOES NOT like the new mandatory good till canceled & the extra charges that come with it (no matter what is unclicked; it's still more than before - and I can't have my listings end Sun or Mon evenings - when I make more sales than other days)?

Oh good grief no.  I'm unsure as to why you wold say that.  The threads are full of anger and concern.  You just come in 10 days after the mandated GTC started.  So many of the ones that have complained, have been doing so since it was announced on Feb 26th.  

This change affects all sellers no matter their size or length of time on Ebay.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

"Am I the only one who DOES NOT like the new mandatory good till canceled?"

No, you're not.  I don't think anyone likes it.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

@journeymagazine wrote:

It may be if you use a 2nd category to list as you'll be charged extra for it,(edit it and try listing with only one category maybe and then check at the bottom for what fees you will be charged before you list).

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

@backroomnoir wrote:

That wouldn't be real accurate.  It is important to know that GTC listings are NOT new.  They have been around for many years.  The vast majority of listings on Ebay even before this mandate are and were GTC listings.  

So while there are absolutely many sellers that are upset by this change and many of them have very good valid reasons for being upset, there are those that with a better understanding of how GTC can work for them will be just fine.

But that does NOT take away from those that just will not be able to use GTC in a way that benefits them.  This is a very serious problem for many sellers to be sure.

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

There are details in this policy for all the various upgrades on listings.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I think it's because I'm paying for a longer listing than before - when I called eBay to ask about change I was told this was better because I didn't have to keep relisting; but if a item sells right away then I don't hve to relist it. Plus as it neared the end of it's time it got closer to the top, right? I used to list so they would end Sun or Mon evening when more people were home because they had to work the next day or home because they didn't feel like going out after first day of work for the week!

I was also told I could make it a auction for the number of days I wanted - but then I can't offer a Or Best Offer.

Bottom line eBay is now making 2x - 3x more per listing than before

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Thanks for the info all

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

@backroomnoir wrote:

I do, I got nothing to lose.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply