cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TILL CANCELED IS **bleep**!

Now eBay is telling me how long I can list a item - instead of ending it on a Sunday evening when more people are home.

BUT the real irk - they are charging me at least $2.05 instead of 35 cents - it's a scam & there's nothing I can do??

Why not let us choose - we pay for the privilege to sell on ebay, wasn't it enough?

AND since I owe a paypal loan that is paid back through sales going through my paypal acct - I have to keep using eBay at least until I pay off the loan.

But I am NOT happy.

Trying to be the person my dogs always knew I could be
Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: GOOD TILL CANCELED IS **bleep**!

@backroomnoir wrote:

"Am I the only one who DOES NOT like the new mandatory good till canceled?"

No, you're not.  I don't think anyone likes it.

I like it and I've used it for years.

Have a great day
Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Re: GOOD TILL CANCELED IS **bleep**!

I think it's because I'm paying for a longer listing than before -

Nope.  There is no such listing that commands a fee like that for the duration.  You can answer this question EASILY if you just go and look at how you set up your listing and what enhancements you chose.

Or if you want you can look at the list of different fees in this link.  Just scroll down until you find them.  The information is there.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/selling-fees?id=4364

when I called eBay to ask about change I was told this was better because I didn't have to keep relisting; but if a item sells right away then I don't hve to relist it.

This is true and it is wonderful when items sell fast.  So if this is what most of your listings do, then GTC would basically be a non issue for you as you wouldn't have any listings needing to renew because they all sold.

Plus as it neared the end of it's time it got closer to the top, right? I used to list so they would end Sun or Mon evening when more people were home because they had to work the next day or home because they didn't feel like going out after first day of work for the week!

Great thing when running auctions.  I plan that all the time when I run auctions.  But it isn't as important for a FP listing.

I was also told I could make it a auction for the number of days I wanted - but then I can't offer a Or Best Offer.

Why not?

Bottom line eBay is now making 2x - 3x more per listing than before

How? Do you normally not run listings every month anyway?  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 17 of 17
latest reply