cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK PROFILE PAGE CHANGED...Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

Do you like it? The "Lightness" of the page? The DSR's area?  

Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

"It's a Mere Moment in a Man's Life, between the All Star game and the Old-Timer's game." Vin Scully
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: FEEDBACK PROFILE PAGE CHANGED...Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

@mam98031 

Mam, one thing you brought up either in a regular thread or on the Weekly Chat was that the "View ID History" option is missing from the new format. I used that feature, and, as I recall your post, you did, too. 

I'm not sure why they did away with that, but I found it quite enlightening on occasion.

Yes I did bring that up and again they said they would submit my suggestion to the team.  That was the last I heard anything about it and clearly it isn't anything they found too concerning.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 42
latest reply

Re: FEEDBACK PROFILE PAGE CHANGED...Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

@twnpopcards 

They have been rolling out these FB page updates BEFORE the CEO left the company.  I don't see how one has to do with the other.

Message 17 of 42
latest reply

@cosyfiep wrote:

Now I see that they were very clever to hide something they dont want you to see anymore....you can now only search for feedback (neg, pos, neutral) for 1 year, if you want to look more, you have to do it the long way--you can still look through all feedback, just not sorted. 

I recently had a seller who had 100% feedback, I thought, WOW that's great and bought an item, only to see that that was just for the last YEAR and they had had issues in the past which would have dropped their approval below 100%, Yes, things that happened over a year ago should NOT matter, however, when you do have an issue and then you see the 100% being very misleading you will agree that you should still be allowed to search for ALL negative feedback--not just the last 12 months.

Shame! Bring back the ability to look at just negative, or just neutral or positive feedback from ALL of the history, not just the last 12 months!!!

ps also not a fan of wasted white space and no differentiating between titles and other content...very hard on my old eyes. Liked the old one much better!

Oh that is a GREAT catch.  I had not noticed that.  And now that toolhaus.org has shut down, we have no where to go to see that info that I'm aware of.

Message 18 of 42
latest reply

I'm 70 years old. Never in my lifetime have I ever uttered the word "reciprocal". Adding that stupid 'feature' is truly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in here.

I guarantee you the majority of people who land on a feedback page have no idea what that word means and wonder why they have to 'click' on a link to show the comment.

Just plain ridiculous. 

Message 19 of 42
latest reply

I hate this new feedback page too!  Why did they change something working do well??? Young people don't use eBay anyway and never will, because they don't have much to sell and no money to buy. Are they crazy or what - why don't they use at least focus groups or hire a market research company before attempting any changes??

Message 20 of 42
latest reply

I'm waiting for the next iteration of the feedback page: Geocities!

https://www.wonder-tonic.com/geocitiesizer/

ETA: As long as the designers seem to be stepping back in time.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 42
latest reply

Everyone has their own prospective of a change but personally I think it looks great. Easy to see and easy to read. Older folks many time just have a harder time with change I suppose.

Message 22 of 42
latest reply

At this point I really don't know why ebay even keeps the TRS designation, since they try so hard to hide its existence to everyone.  Not only was it removed from the listing page, but it is now pretty much hidden on the feedback page too.   

I guess it is just something for us to lose rather than something for buyers to see or care about. 

Message 23 of 42
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby 

As a workaround for ID History, try bookmarking this link:

https://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=xxx

To use it, paste the username you want the history of in place of the "xxx" and hit enter to reload the page.

Message 24 of 42
latest reply

@eburtonlab wrote:

To use it, paste the username you want the history of in place of the "xxx" and hit enter to reload the page.

As always . . . you're the best!

@mam98031 , did you see this workaround?

Message 25 of 42
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

Everyone has their own prospective of a change but personally I think it looks great. Easy to see and easy to read. Older folks many time just have a harder time with change I suppose.

I've been selling way too long on Ebay to still have objections to change.  Things around here are so fluid that if you can't flow with it, you will just cause yourself additional problems.  My age has nothing to do with liking or disliking the new format for the FB page and everything to do with it all seems to run together because of so much white open space.  But mostly the loss of information that was useful.  That is the biggest thing for me.

You are correct some people to have a problem with change of any kind.  I honestly don't think that is age specific.  I know plenty of people half my age that take issue with change and some my age.  

Message 26 of 42
latest reply

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

@eburtonlab wrote:

As always . . . you're the best!

@mam98031 , did you see this workaround?

I did, but the link doesn't work for me.

Message 27 of 42
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

There is 'change' and there is 'poor form design'.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 28 of 42
latest reply

@dreambo wrote:

Do you like it? The "Lightness" of the page? The DSR's area?  

Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

So they can break it.

Message 29 of 42
latest reply

@mam98031 

the link doesn't work for me.

Odd. It works for me in several different browsers on a Windows 10 machine, though Firefox does complain that the connection is not entirely secure.

Here is the same link, but on the ebay.ca or ebay.co.uk site (you do need to sign in to use it):

https://contact.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=xxx

https://contact.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ReturnUserIdHistory&requested=xxx

Message 30 of 42
latest reply