cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Metrics seller protections during Covid-19

I understand Covid-related seller protections currently exist for sellers. Specifically, relating to Service Metrics.

USPS messed up an entire day's batch of orders, and all of them were delayed. They eventually made it to the customers, but not before a bunch of them opened INR cases.

My existing and projected INR Service Metrics appeared OK, and I assumed I was protected. Until today.

Now, my projected Service Metrics for INR is "very high", because of the single USPS screw up. My current INR Service Metrics is 0%.

Am I protected for Covid-related shipping issues that happened DURING the Covid-19 pandemic and lockdowns, or am I only protected during the pandemic? In other words, when lockdowns end, are all those USPS delays, for example, that happened during the pandemic going to come back and be reflected in my Service Metrics? Or will they be excluded?

Posting ID
Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

The last I heard, July 20 was the end of the Covid protection period?

But I've mentioned elsewhere on the forums recently, apparently USPS has changed policies. The new policy is apparently, if they aren't finished processing everything to now leave it for the next day. Here is one of the reports.

This seems to be the truth, as ever since that date, we've had FAR more lates than usual.

Very worried, and we discussed it among management here, so we're keeping an eye on things. But I hope the message gets to eBay soon enough, before very many sellers end up with damage to their metrics that isn't their fault!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

I'm surprised at the general lack of interest in this issue.

I assumed protecting seller metrics from covid-related problems meant excluding those problems from the statistics. It makes no sense to me that everything that happened during the pandemic will resurface in our statistics after the "protection" period ends.

I hope I'm wrong about this and the Service Metrics reporting issue I'm seeing that shows me "very high" is just a bug, and that it will be fixed.

Posting ID
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

If you met your handling times and your transactions were shipped on out on time, your 'late' markings should automatically be removed, as them being late was not in your control.    All of my 'late' dings that were not my fault have automatically been removed from my metrics report.  (sometimes it takes a 1-7 days for them to get marked as removed)  Screenshot from my Report:

Untitled.png

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@rosszonebricks wrote:

If you met your handling times and your transactions were shipped on out on time, your 'late' markings should automatically be removed, as them being late was not in your control.

That's not it. I have zero late shipments. Current INR Service Metrics 0% below average. Projected INR Service Metrics  > 1% and in the "very high" category.

Posting ID
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@aldente28 wrote:

@rosszonebricks wrote:

If you met your handling times and your transactions were shipped on out on time, your 'late' markings should automatically be removed, as them being late was not in your control.

That's not it. I have zero late shipments.

Neither did I.  These were 'late' due to USPS delays, as what I thought was your point.  My point was, they were all removed from counting against me.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

inr projected.png

Image is my INR projected rate combined with my Late Shipment Report showing 0. This is concerning too because I have dropped off packages late at the post office exactly 1 time in the past year.

Posting ID
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@rosszonebricks wrote:

Neither did I.  These were 'late' due to USPS delays, as what I thought was your point.  My point was, they were all removed from counting against me.

I'm talking about INR cases in Service Metrics.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@aldente28 wrote:

I understand Covid-related seller protections currently exist for sellers. Specifically, relating to Service Metrics.

USPS messed up an entire day's batch of orders, and all of them were delayed. They eventually made it to the customers, but not before a bunch of them opened INR cases.

My existing and projected INR Service Metrics appeared OK, and I assumed I was protected. Until today.

Now, my projected Service Metrics for INR is "very high", because of the single USPS screw up. My current INR Service Metrics is 0%.

Am I protected for Covid-related shipping issues that happened DURING the Covid-19 pandemic and lockdowns, or am I only protected during the pandemic? In other words, when lockdowns end, are all those USPS delays, for example, that happened during the pandemic going to come back and be reflected in my Service Metrics? Or will they be excluded?

Sorry to hear this. I hope you will get the help you need. 

PW🐿

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

When were these INR's opened? In July? Rather....when were the transactions for those INR's, in July?

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@midwestmotoring wrote:

When were these INR's opened? In July? Rather....when were the transactions for those INR's, in July?

The USPS debacle that led to all those package delays was early July, so yes, the bulk of the INR's that pushed me over the top that came from that one day happened in July. All the transactions were the very beginning of July, as the USPS error occurred over the 4th of july holiday weekend. I have same-day handling, so the orders were from I believe July 2 and 3. July 3 was a Friday.

Also, fwiw, that episode also pushed the number of users filing INR's to over the threshold at which INR penalties are calculated. I believe it's 10 users, if memory serves. That episode pushed me to 11.

Posting ID
Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Does my question make sense? I'm not sure why there isn't more interest in it.

I understand that sellers are protected from issues that occur during the pandemic/shutdown. Is this not the case?

inrcases2.png

Posting ID
Message 12 of 16
latest reply

INR cases with tracking that are closed and now arrive (4 weeks later) are also not eligable for appeal; as the item did not arrive within the decision time. Ebay's seller protection should be all over where there is proof of delivery, not only in service metrics. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The largest store on watch movement parts, crowns, straps, bands and much, much more!
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

No, they won’t remove the item not as described. 
It’s  a scam 

I stared moving g my items to other Free Fee sites. Letgo, Ebid, Facebook Marketplace and more 

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@mbl859 wrote:

No, they won’t remove the item not as described. 

It's Item Not Received.

That being said:

"Ebay realizes that flexibility in business operations is essential right now.  We want to reassure you that you will not be penalized for being unable to carry out usual operations. We understand there may be situations where you can’t get an item out the door as fast as normal or you have to unexpectedly cancel an order.  So in supporting your needs, your Seller Performance Standards will not be negatively impacted during this period.

Your account will be protected from being downgraded from the upcoming March 20th seller performance standard evaluation until the June 20th evaluation."

So my state is locked down and locking down tighter. It is July 23. In fact, more of the country is probably going to begin locking down tighter.

Despite this, I ship on time, every day. However, USPS screwed up and delayed 70 of my orders, leading to a bunch of INR cases that were ultimately delivered..

Now, because of that, my Seller Performance Standards appear to be negatively impacted.

I imagine I'm not alone. I guess I'm just pointing this out, hoping someone at ebay notices.

Posting ID
Message 15 of 16
latest reply