cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEEDBACK PROFILE PAGE CHANGED...Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

Do you like it? The "Lightness" of the page? The DSR's area?  

Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

"It's a Mere Moment in a Man's Life, between the All Star game and the Old-Timer's game." Vin Scully
Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: FEEDBACK PROFILE PAGE CHANGED...Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

I was startled when I first saw it, and thought somehow I had gotten a throwback page from the early oughts.  What's up with all the frames and tiles?  The previous version was nice and clean.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 2 of 42
latest reply

Re: FEEDBACK PROFILE PAGE CHANGED...Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

@dreambo wrote:

Do you like it?

The appearance of the feedback profile page makes absolutely no difference to the way I use eBay. It's not a page I use frequently, compared to, say, a search results page, so I really don't care about the way it looks. 

All websites are constantly updating, revising, redesigning pages on their sites to accommodate new trends or to remain compatible with other changes site-wide or whatever. While it may be surprising when we first view the page(s), it takes about ten minutes to get used to it. With changes in technology, programming, intent, customer expectations, etc., it would be impossible for website pages to remain the same year after year after year.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

They actually started changing it several months back.  They have been rolling it out.  I've had the joy of this new format for several months now.  I much prefer the old version.  

I did complain about it on the Weekly Chat last year sometime.  They were so gentle with me in their response.  I was told that due to my tenure I may not see the benefits like those that aren't so tenured.  So in more direct words, they told me I'm old and younger people prefer the wide open white pages.  

Now there was a benefit of all my complaining.  Originally the links on the upper right side of the FB page for your Dashboard and stuff was moved to the bottom of the page.  It made no sense to me to move those and fortunately was was able to get Ebay to agree and bring them back.

Now the other thing, which they haven't yet fixed is the statement of when a seller is TRS.  That seems to fade into the background.  It just isn't noticeable as it should be.  A little more color wouldn't hurt anything.  I guess they are still considering that.

But I'm with you.  I don't like it.  However it is the direction all screens are moving towards on Ebay.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Come on!  Give ebay a break!

They recently "fixed" the notification bell. 

They changed the color from one shade of red to a darker shade of red.  

Way to go ebay!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 5 of 42
latest reply

They change (fix) things that don't need changing (fixing) because they don't know how to fix the things that ARE BROKE! Why do you think they got rid of the classic label printing page? They said that their programmers didn't know how to program changes to it. You would think that they could have at least seen how the classic label page worked and tried to emulate it with the new label page. Instead look what got.

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

Hate new feedback page!

Like how it was!

No improvement!

Why?  

Whereas search is completely broken......

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
It looks convoluted. Not a fan.
Message 8 of 42
latest reply

@inhawaii wrote:

Come on!  Give ebay a break!

They recently "fixed" the notification bell. 

They changed the color from one shade of red to a darker shade of red.  

Way to go ebay!

Those are the type of things that they should stick to working on/changing.

Those things that are more or less meaningless, and do us no harm :  >  )

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

Except for being a little on the bright side with the white background looks fine to me. With the number of people working from small tablets and I-phone type devices may be easier to read on them.

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

@mam98031 

Mam, one thing you brought up either in a regular thread or on the Weekly Chat was that the "View ID History" option is missing from the new format. I used that feature, and, as I recall your post, you did, too. 

I'm not sure why they did away with that, but I found it quite enlightening on occasion.

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

@mvls1 wrote:

They change (fix) things that don't need changing (fixing) because they don't know how to fix the things that ARE BROKE! Why do you think they got rid of the classic label printing page? They said that their programmers didn't know how to program changes to it. You would think that they could have at least seen how the classic label page worked and tried to emulate it with the new label page. Instead look what got.

Ebay continues to farm out their programming to offshore companies who obviously hire staff that is not all that competent.  Ebay farmed the entire Seller Hub project to overseas companies and the result has been they got far less than they paid for.  Ebay refuses to hire the talent they need to fix things unless it is costing Ebay money, then it will get fixed almost immediately.  Ebay does not care how much the errors cost their sellers or even their buyers and refuse to spend money on qualified programmers who might be able to fix the platform.  Just as they got rid of the Beta testing department to test programs before they dump them on the live data, Ebay seems to cut costs where it will cause the most problems for Sellers who they have continually referred to as noise while the buyers, who pay Ebay nothing, are considered their true customers.

Ebay has been dragging its feet while looking for a new CEO, if they are even wanting to find a new one.  The current CEO has the same philosophies as the last one which to find a way to take more and more from their sellers while sales continue to drop.  At some point this continued short term thinking is going to come around and bite them as they continue to chase off many of their better sellers.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

It looks horrible and is hard to read. They also finally shifted the photos to the side of the main image I see. I complained about that while they were breaking the item specifics in October. Asked CS if they had nothing better to do while they were screwing up the site. They said the new photo layout was probably a glitch. LOL yeah right.
Message 13 of 42
latest reply

Now I see that they were very clever to hide something they dont want you to see anymore....you can now only search for feedback (neg, pos, neutral) for 1 year, if you want to look more, you have to do it the long way--you can still look through all feedback, just not sorted. 

I recently had a seller who had 100% feedback, I thought, WOW that's great and bought an item, only to see that that was just for the last YEAR and they had had issues in the past which would have dropped their approval below 100%, Yes, things that happened over a year ago should NOT matter, however, when you do have an issue and then you see the 100% being very misleading you will agree that you should still be allowed to search for ALL negative feedback--not just the last 12 months.

Shame! Bring back the ability to look at just negative, or just neutral or positive feedback from ALL of the history, not just the last 12 months!!!

ps also not a fan of wasted white space and no differentiating between titles and other content...very hard on my old eyes. Liked the old one much better!

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@dreambo wrote:

Do you like it? The "Lightness" of the page? The DSR's area?  

Why does Ebay always try to Fix what's not BROKE?

Because it seems they are incapable of fixing what IS broken, and jobs need to be justified.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 15 of 42
latest reply