cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to get my eyes checked?

I have a buyer who bought a cap message me and say "Please refund, item arrived dirty and not new!!" They included these photos.

fgh.jpgzdff.jpgsdfa.jpgqwe.jpg

Am I missing something here? I don't see anything wrong with the cap in the photos given that he only took photos of the bill. I don't see any discoloring or sun damage, nothing. I mean I do see a bit of tiny dust specks on the sticker but come on. That dust can be brushed off.

I replied to the buyer that I'm not sure what area he is referring to when he said "dirty" and if he can elaborate. I even asked if he was referring to the dust on the sticker. Then I said regardless if they don't want the cap just return it to me for a refund since I have free returns.

He comes back with "Just give me a partial refund and I'll keep it and regift to someone else." What the heck?! He dodged my question completely. So I just straight out told him "Why don't you just regift it to me and I'll give you a full refund?" Ha ha.

Still waiting on his answer.

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Re: Do I need to get my eyes checked?

photo 2 has that small spot, but it does look blurry around it as if it was hit with "spot fix" feature.

photo 4 does seem to show dirt on the left side and edge of the sticker.

Message 31 of 64
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

I think it's a shadow artifact.  The little 'spot' is just a piece of stray thread.  Also, the photos keep focusing on the sticker, like there is some problem with it, but I don't see any problem.

Wish we could see the original sale.

People wear the hats with the sticker. I don't get it. But I wasn't with it back when I was younger either. Won't be long until people are wearing pants inside out like in Back To The Future and I think that looks dumb too.

Message 32 of 64
latest reply

I don't know if this is relevant at all but I noticed this buyer actually messaged me before they received the hat. "I CANCELED THIS ORDER JUS MINUTES AFTER ACCIDENTALLY PURCHASING IT!!!! REFUND PLEASE"

Too bad I already shipped it out and he didn't message me at all prior to that message, nor did he file any cancellation request.

In hindsight, I wish he DID message me or file a cancellation request.

Message 33 of 64
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:

I don't know if this is relevant at all but I noticed this buyer actually messaged me before they received the hat. "I CANCELED THIS ORDER JUS MINUTES AFTER ACCIDENTALLY PURCHASING IT!!!! REFUND PLEASE"

Too bad I already shipped it out and he didn't message me at all prior to that message, nor did he file any cancellation request.

Ahhh....so it is a remorse thingee/deal.

Return for a full refund.  He just wants the return to be your dime!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 34 of 64
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@iamalwaysright wrote:

Ahhh....so it is a remorse thingee/deal.

Return for a full refund.  He just wants the return to be your dime!

Haha. But it already is my dime because it's free returns. So anyhoo, the buyer finally replied to my "regift it to me for a full refund" crack.

He says to never mind because his wife threw it out. "So don't worry about it because she's the one who paid for it anyway."

I kinda really wanted to see the hat to compare with the photos.

Message 35 of 64
latest reply

the O.P. is making no sense here!

Message 36 of 64
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

the O.P. is making no sense here!

What are you confused about?

Message 37 of 64
latest reply

Maybe it's a photo aberration, it's possible, maybe it's a spot.  Arrghh, now we'll never know.   I wanted closure on this & I'm not even OP 😃  

But yeah, if he'd asked you to cancel, that explains his endgame.  He must not have realized you have free returns.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 38 of 64
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

He must not have realized you have free returns.  

Yea that's true. Sometimes I get buyers who admit they didn't know I have free returns too. These buyers are few and far apart tho.

Message 39 of 64
latest reply

@iamalwaysright wrote:
He says to never mind because his wife threw it out. "So don't worry about it because she's the one who paid for it anyway."

Oh, yeah, of course she did.

I often marvel at how totally ridiculous some of these stories can be.

Message 40 of 64
latest reply

you opened this thread with the buyer requesting refund and provided photos after receiving.

Recently you posted this:

Did you shipped this so fast that you did not receive buyers message through your computer, laptop, or cell phone? Was their message received after you posted tracking?

to me, you are confusing things!

contact C.S. through Facebook / eBay to get help if needed.

I think the O.P. is doing some type of fishing for information. They have no active listings!  Only been a member for about a 1 .5 years.

I'm out on this post! Though I  was helping, but then I  see the opposite after reading O.P. responses. 

Message 41 of 64
latest reply

Huh?  The OP is using a posting ID, like most on this board.  They are an experienced seller.   Their post makes perfect sense. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 42 of 64
latest reply

@iamalwaysright 

< So I just straight out told him "Why don't you just regift it to me and I'll give you a full refund? >    

Excellent rejoinder. 

< He comes back with "Just give me a partial refund >    

This was his intention all along.  I wouldn't be surprised if he pulls this stunt with every seller.  

Message 43 of 64
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

Huh?  The OP is using a posting ID, like most on this board.  They are an experienced seller.   Their post makes perfect sense. 

I didn't get that sense either, this seemed to be a genuine post by the OP.

Message 44 of 64
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

Did you shipped this so fast that you did not receive buyers message through your computer, laptop, or cell phone? Was their message received after you posted tracking?

to me, you are confusing things!

The buyer is mistaken, they never cancelled anything at all. 1) Buyers cannot file cancellations on ebay, only cancellation requests. Sellers are not obligated to accept these cancellations. So buyers who talk about filing these requests like it is already set in stone are misinformed. But that's a moot point because this buyer didn't file any cancellation requests or sent any messages asking to cancel. None, nada.

Perhaps they tried to do something but forgot to click the final "submit" button, who knows? Regardless of what actually happened is not of my concern. Bottom line = zero communication or filing before their message with the photos.

Which "message" are you asking about? The one that was never sent? I can't answer your yes/no question because the message doesn't exist.

You were helping in earlier posts, but you can't blame me for asking you to elaborate when you just say a general statement about me making no sense and nothing else. You could've just typed out what made no sense to you instead of fishing for me to ask you about it.

Message 45 of 64
latest reply