cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you allowed to post eBay's customer service phone numbers or is that a violation?

Are you allowed to post eBay's customer service phone numbers on this community forum if someone asks, or is that a violation?

Seems to be a violation. Wonder why?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Are you allowed to post eBay's customer service phone numbers or is that a violation?

Also, I did not invent the phone numbers, they are readily available online.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Re: Are you allowed to post eBay's customer service phone numbers or is that a violation?

I wouldn't post any phone numbers on any public forum. Forget about the idea & move on!!

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

If it was private, not a publicly traded company.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

I can’t post something I don’t have. I personally don’t see the problem with eBay calling me back versus me calling them. They aren’t avoiding you, they always call back within the estimated callback time and it’s not like you’ll get better service if you call them with a number you found online.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Most of the numbers you find online will be scammers not actually eBay.

EBay will call you back - and you will be talking to someone employed by eBay.

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/ebay— Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.

And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

Are you allowed to post eBay's customer service phone numbers on this community forum if someone asks, or is that a violation?

Mods have taken down those posts for years, even when eBay used to have a published number for cold calls. I can make a few excellent guess at the reasons. Do you want guesses?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@wastingtime101 

eBay still has published numbers, as I stated, I did not invent the numbers l listed, the community guidelines states "personal phone numbers", it doesn't mention anything about public companies.

lol, I already know, I guess. Thank you for the response.

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

Calling it "customer service" is a violation.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

@wastingtime101 

eBay still has published numbers, as I stated, I did not invent the numbers l listed, the community guidelines states "personal phone numbers", it doesn't mention anything about public companies.

In order to get one of those customer service numbers you have to be logged in and if going through the Help pages answer a few questions first.

If you splatter the number around on what is a public board anyone can access than regardless if they have an ebay account they can call up and waste customer service resources with crank calls or stupidity like "my stuff doesn't sell" comments. Just like many of the questions posted on this board, the answers are often readily available in the help files, no need to tie up a csr for 15+ minutes when a detailed answer can be found with a two word search in the help pages.

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@ten_o_nine wrote:

@wastingtime101 

In order to get one of those customer service numbers you have to be logged in and if going through the Help pages answer a few questions first.

If you splatter the number around on what is a public board anyone can access than regardless if they have an ebay account they can call up and waste customer service resources with crank calls or stupidity like "my stuff doesn't sell" comments. 

Lol. I'd bet ebay would be tired of getting countless calls from sellers announcing their departure from the site... only to see months later that they are still around.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

They're likely scammer's numbers, or no longer in service.  Never trust anything you find on Google for that.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Give it a shot. Perhaps it will work out.

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@ten_o_nine wrote:

@wastingtime101 

If you splatter the number around on what is a public board anyone can access than regardless if they have an ebay account they can call up and waste customer service resources with crank calls or stupidity like "my stuff doesn't sell" comments. Just like many of the questions posted on this board, the answers are often readily available in the help files, no need to tie up a csr for 15+ minutes when a detailed answer can be found with a two word search in the help pages.

In addition, I highly doubt eBay is going to have the Khoros mods check every CS number posted to verify if it's legit or one of the many scam numbers out there. Instead it's easier to just remove them all and eliminate the risk within Community.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

@ten_o_nine wrote:

Likely because many are SCAM numbers.  An internet search can return numbers that take you places you do not want to go.  You may not find that out until it is too late and you have given them info you should not have.

Besides, since the Pandemic Ebay has NOT had a traditional call center like we did before that.  There are several ways in which to get in touch with Ebay customer service.  All are pretty easy.

On each Ebay page there is a link to contact Customer Service at the top of the page and again at the bottom of the page.

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service. Please be aware that for social media CS, you send them a Private Message and briefly explain what your problem or issue is. Feel free to leave your Name, address, phone number and/or your email address in this message. It is private and secure and it may help to speed up the response for you.

https://twitter.com/askebay

https://www.facebook.com/eBay/

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

Your options will be on the left. If you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant or Chat box type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options. Not all options are available 24/7. It will depend on staffing available. So sometimes you can request a call back and sometimes you can't. Sometimes you have the Chat option available and other times it won't me. If it is important to you to use one of those options, just try back later.

If you use a cell phone or other mobile device, you may need to turn off your Spam filter so that Ebay can call you.

If you are a seller outside of the US or Canada, you will need to use the Chat Option.

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 15 of 15
latest reply