cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Thing To Go With My Latest Question....... Percentage of Sales Using EIS

Hi Everyone. I asked earlier about EIS. Forgot to ask this question for those of you who sell internationally with EIS. 

What is the percentage of sales that you do using the EIS program? That will help me also to see if it's worth doing. 

We are selling our personal things that we have decided to sell. ( toys, holiday, household, school, etc.)

I know I have seen the posts where people have had issues with electronic and expensive items etc.  Lost, late etc. That has kind of deter me from doing the EIS. 

If it does help to sell with EIS, then I'm willing to try it. 

Thanks in advance & have avery blessed day! 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Another Thing To Go With My Latest Question....... Percentage of Sales Using EIS

Risk-wise: I personally have not found EIS sales ANY more risk than any other sale.

Percentage-wise: I sell $2-5 items.   So my EIS sales are pretty low.  > 5%.   

A sale is a sale, and a sale that I wouldn't have made without EIS.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Another Thing To Go With My Latest Question....... Percentage of Sales Using EIS

Risk-wise: I personally have not found EIS sales ANY more risk than any other sale.

Percentage-wise: I sell $2-5 items.   So my EIS sales are pretty low.  > 5%.   

A sale is a sale, and a sale that I wouldn't have made without EIS.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

We tried EIS and we liked the results of getting more international orders.

More problems with Domectic Buyers than International Buyers. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Thank you both so very much.  Both of your posts helped me out quite a bit. Blessings to you both.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

There is 0.00% risk when selling EIS, so not sure what you are talking about as Ebay pays for ALL refunds as well as items shipped through the EIS program are returned to THEM and NOT you, so you risk nothing.

But...some items cannot be shipped to certain countries, either some USED items or TOYS, but doesn't matter- you simply 'opt in' and when you choose the category and condition, the 'system' will determine whether they 'show' it to other countries, and which ones. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I lived for many years without any international sales because I do not want to do any extra work for them.

EIS is no risk and no work. It is by definition lower risk than domestic sales. Once your product reaches the Ebay hub, your risk has ended, if it passes their inspection.

That said, if you sales history is representative of what you are offering, I doubt if you will get any international sales. The cost of shipping, price of the items and likelihood of any international buyers paying for those used toys is low.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@toyboxtreasuresandmore2024 wrote:

What is the percentage of sales that you do using the EIS program? That will help me also to see if it's worth doing. 

We use it, and never had a problem with it or the prior program.  I'm guessing maybe 4-5% of sales is through EIS.

Our EIS sales tend to be hard-to-find items.  I think that is because EIS charges very high shipping.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Average around 10%.
Which is very surprising to me.
BUT, I sell used car parts and have now figured out it's mostly certain vehicle's parts that go overseas. 
Due to the lack of problems with EIS, I'm actually happy to see those freight forwarder addresses pop up when shipping items. 
I have now begun to source said vehicles for that very reason.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I don't use it at all due to the fact that EIS blocks International sales to the UK in the category that I sell in. 

While it is good for some sellers it doesn't work for others due to the many restrictions of categories.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I would guesstimate about 3% or 4%  of my sales are through EIS. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I can't thank you all enough for helping me today! I like selling on ebay. I like to try the new things that come out. Been debating this for awhile. All of you gave me great info that will help me out in choosing what to do. I wish there was a button to saw all gave best answers. Blessings to you all that have posted so far. Good Luck with your selling as well. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I use different international shipping options depending on the value of the items. Overall more than 60% of my sales go international.  It really depends on what your selling and the availability of it world wide. Mostly I only sell collectable die-cast that are at least 22 years old.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply