cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250 DOLLARS IN LISTING FEES IN ONE DAY?!!?!?

Somehow with the category changes I was charged 250 DOLLARS in "optional listing upgrade fees" for things I listed JUST YESTERDAY. I don't know what's going on, but I can't afford ebay glitches like this. I list mostly in the postcards category which was rehauled yesterday. I don't remember reading anything about fees changing, and at this rate I assume there has to be a mistake. But I can't afford spending hundreds of dollars a day on an ebay glitch.

I NEED THESE CHARGES REVERSED AND THE PROBLEM FIXED!

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: 250 DOLLARS IN LISTING FEES IN ONE DAY?!!?!?

@njrtsr wrote:

Somehow with the category changes I was charged 250 DOLLARS in listing fees for things I listed JUST YESTERDAY. I don't know what's going on, but I can't afford mistakes like this. I list mostly in the postcards category which was rehauled yesterday. I don't remember reading anything about fees changing, and at this rate I assume there has to be a mistake.

Mistakes on Ebay are only committed by the sellers, if Ebay charged you more, it is probably intentional.

Just think about all the sellers who are still not aware to this new money grab and will get an expensive surprise in the next few days... 

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

@njrtsr 

We had several reversed yesterday (about 10) and have 2 more today that I need to call on.

I reached out on Facebook for business and they were credited to me in about 2 hours.

(2) eBay for Business | Facebook

Message them in the upper right hand corner - tell them your selling ID, transaction numbers that are affected a quick summary of why those charges are wrong, give them an email or phone (or both) to contact you.  I got an email back pretty quickly and saw the credits yesterday.  Noticed this morning there are 2 more.

Tried having them call me, but the wait times were pretty long.  Thought it was easier to just summarize everything and for me, it was.  Good luck!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Did they admit that the charges are a mistake, or did something change with the new category update that we need to change our listings for?

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

I just looked at my invoice from the past day and these are GALLERY PLUS fees for postcards that are automatically relisting. I have thousands of these in my store and they are still under the collectibles category so the gallery plus should be FREE. I can't afford this glitch to keep continuing!
Message 5 of 19
latest reply

gallery plus fees are most likly what you are seeing....not free, and those moved listing that had such may also have been charged.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

If you ever see eaby giving something away that normally isn't free, RUN!

You should know that one day they will quietly reverse that and bOPOM! you will get charged feez.

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

njrtsr_0-1634142922239.png

Here's a screenshot of some of the MANY gallery plus fees that have been charged to my account yesterday. These are still in the collectibles category, but it looks like the glitch is that they didn't prepare the brand new postcard categories for free gallery plus like the other collectibles categories have. Unless something changed these should still be free!

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

@njrtsr wrote:

Here's a screenshot of some of the MANY gallery plus fees that have been charged to my account yesterday. These are still in the collectibles category, but it looks like the glitch is that they didn't prepare the brand new postcard categories for free gallery plus like the other collectibles categories have. Unless something changed these should still be free!

Please see Message #3.

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your items were moved to a category that charges for things that were free in their previous category.

eBay is refunding these charges right now so contact them ASAP.

They may stop refunding these at any moment, so contact them soon.

Your best resource is eBay for Business on FaceBook.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

I've already taken this to facebook, waiting for a response... 

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

This is just one of the glitches that Ebay is  experiencing with their ill-planned and ill-timed update involving category updates.  Some are able to contact CR folks who will refund and some are encountering CS folks who are totally oblivious to what is happening.  There is an article on EcommerceBytes that addresses this issue as well as the rant I posted here earlier.

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

@njrtsr wrote:

Somehow with the category changes I was charged 250 DOLLARS in "optional listing upgrade fees" for things I listed JUST YESTERDAY. I don't know what's going on, but I can't afford ebay glitches like this. I list mostly in the postcards category which was rehauled yesterday. I don't remember reading anything about fees changing, and at this rate I assume there has to be a mistake. But I can't afford spending hundreds of dollars a day on an ebay glitch.

Hey @njrtsrThis was determined to be a technical issue impacting a small number of listings, and has now been fixed. We will be crediting impacted Sellers as quickly as possible - no calls to Customer Service are needed, as this will be done automatically.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 13 of 19
latest reply

What happens if the charges are taken from the sellers bank account before they are reversed?

Will you be paying the overdraft fees(if any), including OD fees incurred while the sellers still thought the money was there?

Will you put the money back or just apply it as a credit to next month?

"This was determined to be a technical issue impacting a small number of listings, and has now been fixed. We will be crediting impacted Sellers as quickly as possible - no calls to Customer Service are needed, as this will be done automatically."

Believe it when you see it.  Impacting a small number of listings? Not based on what I am seeing and the complaints here. What a fiasco ebay has turned into. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply