cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return shipping

I started a return on an item today and this is not my first return. I noticed that my refund is $3.99 less than the original price. The seller's listing says "seller pays for return shipping." I do not see anything in the listing or any link that mentions any charge. How is this possible? Am I missing something? Can someone explain this?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Return shipping

Will need the item number to be able to give more insight (half way down on right, small 12 digit number)

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

What is the reason for the return?

If it was a remorse return and you paid the original shipping, the seller can deduct it from the refund.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@wds_collectibles wrote:

The seller's listing says "seller pays for return shipping." I do not see anything in the listing or any link that mentions any charge.

See above reply from kensgifts @wds_collectibles . Seller pays for return shipping does not mean seller reimburses for original shipping.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The item, in my opinion was counterfeit. But that is not really what I said was my reason, because I didn't want to offend the seller.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

If you were sure it was a counterfeit you should have said so. The seller will find another buyer and if they are not as knowledgeable as you they will get taken. I would tell the seller what you believe. Passing it on only continues the fraud.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

It should have been "item not as described"....seller would not know you think it's "counterfeit...unless you told him. Seller does not pay for "all" returns. 

Sounds like you click on the wrong return and  got charged for shipping?

I understand the "this is not my first return"...buyers who collect similar items do not want to get blocked by a seller for a future seller. 

I purchased items that were not as described...I ate the mistake saying nothing to the seller because I do not want to get blocked. Some sellers are so sensitive to anything and will block the buyer for anything. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: