cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought from a seller who put in the wrong tracking number

I bought a bundle of comic books from a seller last week and they put in the tracking number wrong but it arrived today. When I got the package, I noticed they had only switched the last number but either way because of that, it won't show up as delivered on eBay. The package and contents came damaged and the seller won't do anything about it/doesn't believe me but I have no way of contacting anyone at eBay since it won't even show up as delivered in their system. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or do I just have to take the loss on this one?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Bought from a seller who put in the wrong tracking number

Did you send photos of the damage and the tracking numbers being different within your communications to the seller?  Maybe that could help?  I'm sure eBay tracks messages and communications, could help you out, maybe not.  Best of luck, that sucks.  

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I have been able to open cases w/o delivery in the past on tracking shown. Should be able to go to your purchases page, for the purchase there is a more actions option, return this item. You are not claiming non-delivery so should be all set to go with the proper reason etc.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

You should be able to file an arrived damaged case.   Tracking numbers are not required by eBay.  Go to purchases and click return this item.  Then choose arrived damaged.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: