cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

funds hold

I sold an item (individual, not a store, buyer paid and received item on 12/10 per tracking no.  Ebay is still holding funds.  They are making a lot of interest money on these holds for thousands of people.  WILL NEVER USE AGAIN.  Plus, fee of over $9 on a $63 item (including shipping).  

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

funds hold

New sellers (or return sellers after 90 days of not selling) will have funds held until the date is surpassed for the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee (which starts day 1 on the delivery date). 

Regarding $9 fee on $63 sales- sounds right (Fees are 12.9% + .30c on total of Item/Shipping/Sales Tax Paid by Buyer).

Did you not look at the fees it would cost you to sell BEFORE you listed the items?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

funds hold

You'll get paid just sit back and list more items things will smooth out once you get out of deep water from being a new seller. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

funds hold

Along with what the previous responder said new sellers have their funds held for up to 30 days. It’s written in funds hold policy.
eBay does not collect interest on your held funds. Where are you getting that info from? 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

funds hold

It looks like you sold 1 item this year. The rest of the feedback is more than a year ago.  Ebay needs to make sure that you are not a scammer.  How do they know that perhaps you died or got ill and someone took over your account and started selling inorder to scam folks?  Don't laugh, this has happened very often. Now , all occasional sellers are treated like new sellers.   The only thing that you can do is continue to list, describe items accurately, ship fast, etc.  Eventually, ebay can see that you are trustworthy and will release the funds immediately.  I have 2 seller accounts and I get paid  the day after a buyer pays.  No holds for me.  Goodluck.

P.S.  Did you provide ebay with a SS #?  If they asked you for a valid ID and you did not send it or provide the SS#, you will not see a dime of your money.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

funds hold

Always a good idea to know what you are doing regarding payouts, fees and on and on BEFORE you list anything.  Store or individual. It matters not.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply