cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Personal Acct for Payouts

i cant be the only person to have this problem...my personal checking acct was "compromised" making it necessary to close it & open a new checking acct (same bank) (USING FAKE NAMES HERE) Acct was always in the name JOHN but when they broke it off w paypal had to add personal checking for pay outs - but its a joint checking so i had to make it JOHN MARY SMITH,  done deal no problems til now..the instructions to delete acct/add acct are pretty easy until i get to the very end when it bombs out with something went wrong message..after much frustration i believe its because of the name which only says JOHN...Personal Info had also reverted to JOHN only but that was corrected back to JOHN MARY SMITH last week...gal on phone was nice but very hard to understand & left me with the impression it would heal itself in 48 hours (it didnt) the guy in the messaging was totally confused..anyway anyone have any suggestions, sorry this went on way to long...all the bills i pay, social security, paypal, pension all updated with virtually no problem but here i sit on the verge of  breakdown because of ebay!  perhaps i should be not be that concerned since my sales are in thetoilet so not like much $ will be coming my way  THANKS FOR LISTENING

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Updating Personal Acct for Payouts

Well, color me confused. I use my (decades old) joint account for my payouts and have never had problems at all. Note that my registered name and the way my name appears on the checks is the same, though. 🤔

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

thanks for taking the time to respond..im too disgusted today I will call in tomorrow & hopefully i will get someone who can help me ..the problem is embeddes in ebay or trutify (?) not me or the bank..hope i can get some1 in the USA

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Update...I did get a gal Claudia who im quite sure was in the USA...she solved the problem with me in less than 15 mins & told me what to so next..so for now all is well..i cant say the first gal, who was most definately not american, didnt know what she was doing but was very  hard to understand which led to frustration..the guy on the messenger was just useless...If at first you dont succeed, try try again again thanks to Claudia!

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@blotto-half 

Thank you for the update and I'm glad you hung in there and solved your problem! It's a holiday miracle! 😃

Message 5 of 5
latest reply