cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pattern Glass 3 Part Candy Dish - Pattern and Maker Help? Please

I got this candy dish at a Boy Scout Sale.  It has a beauiful patterned lid and a plan crystal bottom.  It is in excellent shape and measures 7 inches in diameter and is 3 1/4 inches tall to the top of the lid handle.  Anyone know the Pattern and Maker of this piece.  Thanks for your help.

CandyDish1.JPG

CandyDish2.JPG

CandyDish3.JPG

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Pattern Glass 3 Part Candy Dish - Pattern and Maker Help? Please

Hi... I would look at Fostoria & Heisey patterns if I were you...

And.. You might have a "marriage" of two different patterns...

Best, Linda

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Yep I thought the bottom seemed pretty heavy for the top, but the lid fits perfectly.  I didn't give a lot for it so it was worth the chance.  The one thing the Florence books do poorly is show the pattern clearly.  Marie Weathermans books are well done when showing patterns.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

You called it "pattern" glass, but I don't think it is....

I think the lid falls in the "elegant" glass category... Maybe the bottom too 

You might want to also post it on the Pottery, Glass, Porcelain board...

My eyes are giving me fits here lately with twitching & watering... I can't see the patterns well enough on replacements.com to help... But do look there and look at the bottom of a Fostoria "June" clear candy dish.  Looks like yours... There's a lot of "June", so just search "fostoria june clear candy dish" and it should come right up.

Best, Linda

................................................................................................................
If you're always cracking up, and you're always breaking down, don't deal in glassware
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

OK will do.  The thing on it was the bottom, although thick and heavy is very very good glass. BTW.. we were the first buyers to walk in the Scout sale held at School Parking lot. Always a great sale and they tell ya just give us what you think. No prices. My son is a Eagle Scout God Bless him.  Happy Fathers day!

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

It is the same Candy Dish mold but the "June" Pattern is different.  So Fostoria is the right maker it seems, but still in search of the pattern. In my old book the June 3 Part Candy Dish is listed at 225.00.  As always thanks for your valued help Linda. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

The bottom does look like Fostoria. But I am not seeing any Fostoria lids that have a knob like yours.

Can you show a photo of the stem upright ?

The lid might not be Fostoria.

Might be like looking for a needle in a haystack Smiley Mad

Best, Linda

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Anyone looked at Tiffin or Tiffin-Franciscan on the lid? I looked at all of the rose patterns this morning, but I am out of time. Might be a another place to look. Judy
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Paden City Glass, by Carrie and Jerry Domitz, 2004. The Pattern is "Irwin", pages 130 to 133. 3-part flat candy 7", in amber or crystal, $65 to $85. you can see the pattern clearer on the crystal/ruby Mayo set on page 132.
🙂
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thank you very much! 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply