cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Green (Jadeite) Milk glass bottle

Hello,

I am hoping someone may be able to help me determine if this is an old vs new jadeite decanter/bottle. It has a rubber plug on the end of the stopper; smells like 

old rubber. There is no mark on the bottom that I can discern. Thank you so much!!

fullsizeoutput_147e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_147a.jpegfullsizeoutput_147d.jpeg

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Need help with Green (Jadeite) Milk glass bottle

This definitely looks like a reproduction. There is a lot of it out there now. I've never seen a decanter in the real Jadeite Glassware. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I'd suggest researching the age on the stopper. Often times you need to go on a tangent to glean information. Also, have you tried to rub the mark on the bottom? Worthpoint shows a very similar bottle/decanter w/o much information.
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It’s jadeite, no question. The chances of you finding the maker are slim to none. If you plan to list it, it will sell. I think reproduction would be wrong, because...reproduction of what?

I would just avoid calling it vintage. I have a vast collection of vintage, and modern, jadeite, and I have never seen this bottle. Any glass manufacturer can produce jadeite. Pioneer Woman is even producing a line, though she doesn’t call it Jadeite.

Also, Hobby Lobby has a line of their own.

Jadeite sells. 

Diane

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Screw stopper material looks old with deterioration .. so 1930's?  Maybe 20?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply