cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Item Location: Default" vs. "Item Location: Worldwide"

I have a search that includes a Worldwide filter, and returns 319 items.

But it's not really a filter.  When I click the little x to get rid of the filter, 

Item Location: Default is selected

• the search returns only 214 items

The really weird thing is, after getting rid of Worldwide, I am still seeing international sellers (from Bulgaria, Italy, Japan, etc.).

So what is the difference between Item Location: Default and Item Location: Worldwide?  105 listings were dropped from the results when I switched to Default... but why?

Maybe this is just one of eBay's many scatterbrained "features" that don't work well.

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

"Item Location: Default" vs. "Item Location: Worldwide"

"Default" item location is limited to items that are either listed domestically or that can be shipped and received quickly if overseas using the default shipping options provided by the seller.

"Worldwide" item location shows those default items plus additional items from all over the world, including some items that take much longer to be shipped and received, or that may require additional nonstandard shipping arrangements to be made.

You can use "Worldwide" to search for additional items that do not appear in the default search.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply