cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Shipping Defects

I'm the buyer. Seller bought postage from her local post office. I discovered she entered the wrong tracking number when she entered in manually. She shipped quickly, and I can follow tracking through my Informed Delivery account, which, of course, shows the correct tracking number, so no problem there. It appears I'll easily get the package within the estimated delivery time frame.

Primary question:  will she automatically get a late shipping defect on her account for not having any scans for this package, due to the incorrect tracking number? If so, is there anything she can do to avoid it?

Secondary question:  if she had run into an unscrupulous buyer, could she lose an INR for this scenario, since her tracking info would come up empty; i.e., never delivered?

TIA.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Late Shipping Defects

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Primary.....

Not sure but you can help by leaving feedback and answering Yes to "did the package arrive on time" question that eBay usually asks.

So late shipping defects are based on delivery/arrival time and not on shipping within one's shipping/handling time?

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Secondary.....

One of the reasons sellers are asked to post the tracking to an INR claim is so they get a second chance to enter the correct number.

Good! I'd hate to see this particular seller--or any seller, for that matter--taken advantage of.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Late Shipping Defects

Primary.....

Not sure but you can help by leaving feedback and answering Yes to "did the package arrive on time" question that eBay usually asks.

Secondary.....

One of the reasons sellers are asked to post the tracking to an INR claim is so they get a second chance to enter the correct number.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

First question: When you leave FB eBay will present a checkbox to ask if you received the order on time. If you select yes, she will not get a late shipping defect.

However there's a separate standard that measures a seller's "tracking upload on time and validated" rate. She will take a hit to that because the typo tracking will not be validated (scanned) at any point. This will roll off her account after 3 months and unless she's selling next to nothing or regularly messing up tracking, one hit on that rating will not mean anything. She'll be fine.

Second question: I'm unsure because she would be presented with an opportunity to upload tracking to the INR at which point she could enter the correct number if she had it. The part I'm unsure about is how eBay will view it since the number on the order is different from the number in the claim. She might lose, might win or might win on appeal, or might get a one time courtesy. I don't know for sure. Maybe somebody else that's been through it can answer definitively.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Primary.....

So late shipping defects are based on delivery/arrival time and not on shipping within one's shipping/handling time?

@slippinjimmy wrote:

Secondary.....

Good! I'd hate to see this particular seller--or any seller, for that matter--taken advantage of.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

Sorry--cross-posted.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

Why not just message the seller with the correct tracking from your informed delivery and explain the consequences to them? It's easier than talking to everyone here about it.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Late Shipping Defects

@pburn wrote:

Primary question:  will she automatically get a late shipping defect on her account for not having any scans for this package, due to the incorrect tracking number? If so, is there anything she can do to avoid it?

She can add a second tracking number to the sold listing. As long as at least one tracking number shows activity she should be fine.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply