cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish List

As of today, I have found that when I find an Item that I want to put in my "Wish List" vs my Watch List ... that the option to 'Click' on the 'Wish List' is now Gone and my only option is to put ALL items in my 'Watch List' to save items.  Is this something New?  Did eBay get rid of the 'Wish List' option?  Is it possible that I something on my end to change the settings?  

HELP!  I miss my 'Wish List'!!!

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Wish List

Go with what works

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

@stickakanny,

To me the Wish list always seemed redundant, and I do not know why they added it. . eBay must think that as well, because in their policy section they explain how to use the Watch list, but there is no mention of a Wish list at all.  You can save items to your Watch list, and they stay until deleted, so in effect it does the job of being both a watch & wish list. 

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 3 of 13
latest reply

You are only allowed to save 200 items to your watch list. Having more lists allows you to save more than 200 items. Also if you like to prioritize items (stuff you are looking to buy for a specific person/event) it is nice to have a list just for that---with which you can put multiples of same/smiliar items. Doing this would totally fill up your watch list quickly!

I like having lists I can put items for family, friends, xmas, etc and not have them on my regular watch list. So having a watch list and a wish list is a good thing for people who want to watch items and keep them separate from items that they wish for---

Items that have ended on your watch list will delete themselves after a certain amount of time, items saved in alternate lists stay longer than on the watch list (ended items)

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

I have a work around. I use other ebays (ebay.de is my current favorite). If you find an item you want to save to a differnt list...first go to that item on ebay.com. Then pull up your alt ebay--go to your my ebay page there (you might have to log in first). On the left side (under all the useless explanations) you will see the last few items you viewed; select the one you want to save to your alt list---you should still be able to see the drop down on those ebays (not sure for how much longer as they recently 'upgraded' eg nerfed the ability to click on the usps tracking number which would take you to usps site). This is how I am currently saving my items to other lists, hope this helps

(sorry for the double reply as 'my edit time expired' before I could finish editing)

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Does the Wish List delete items whose auction has ended? For me, a Barbie collector, I need a forum/list that saves the things I place there even if the auction has ended/expired. I can't remember the names of all of the dolls, fashions, etc... that I would like to have someday. Even if the auction has ended at least I can still reference the item I liked and do a new search to see if it's listed when I'm ready to pursue purchasing it.
Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I need my Wish List items to remain there indefinitely. I'm a Barbie collector and can't possibly remember all of the treasures on my own. I THOUGHT this would be my reference library so I wouldn't have to write it all down somewhere. It seemed like the ideal and easiest place to have my little reference library of coveted items. Even if they have expired/ended I would still have the title of the ended item to use to search for new listings. Completely Distraught!
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@rarecatz

Watch list and other list items remain on the list for a while after the item has ended. If the item is set to automatically relist, you will automatically be watching the relisted item; however, if an item is not automatically relisted (if sold, or relisted manually by the seller), the ended item listing will expire after 60 or 90 days. You will need to follow the "seller has relisted the item" link yourself and add the new item to one of your lists. For sold items, you will have to follow the "similar item" link or search for another item to replace the sold item if you want to keep track of it.

Lists are very useful for keeping track of items over long periods of time if you check on them periodically and add new items before the old ones expire.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@rarecatz

eBay has removed the links to user Collections, but in many cases the collections themselves still exist on eBay's servers if you know where to look. I was able to find a link to your Barbie Collection:

https://www.ebay.com/cln/rarecatz/barbie/153199497012

If you have trouble keeping track of any of your individual lists, here is a link to "all lists" that you can bookmark:

https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&SortOrder=ASCEND&GotoPage=1&MyeBayListIndex.Filter=A...

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Like Collections~they also eliminated that.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Oh my goodness, you are right! Until this comment, i didn't even realize collections was missing..LOL. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

General reply 
This post is 1 year old & ebay has been taking away & putting back the lists now for a long time, not sure why.

As of now with my Windows 10 with edge I have all my lists
Yes collections are gone but lists float in & out

wish list 1-19.JPG

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@gew6463 wrote:

Oh my goodness, you are right! Until this comment, i didn't even realize collections was missing..LOL. 

That's probably why it is missing!  Not enough interest, although every now and then someone posts where is it, they really miss it!

I guess one could say the OP wishes they had a Wish List!  

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply