cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What feedback should this seller receive - Positive, Neutral, or Negative?

Hello, 

I recently bought multiple items from a seller with 90 feedback, and 100% positive. Before the sale, I messaged the seller, asking if he would combine shipping if I bought two of his items listed. His response: "I sure can thank you!" So I buy the two items. The seller ships the items on December 29, and I see that he has combined shipping as both items have the same tracking number. However, I did not receive a refund for the shipping costs. I paid $10.00 for shipping, and the seller shipped the items in one package with USPS First-Class, so I'm expecting a $5 refund. I message the seller, asking to refund me the shipping cost. I get no response. 

After nearly a week of waiting, the items finally arrive. Blue tape covers half of the box, and the shipping label is just paper, taped on to the box. And the box, well, looks like it's been used previously. It's a USPS package. Anyway, I open the box and the two items are there. Great! The only catch is that there is barely any protection for the items. There is one piece of bubble wrap about one foot long and one foot wide. The bubble wrap is only wrapping one out of the two items. The other item is, literally, just inside the box, no bubble wrap around it or anything. It's a miracle that neither arrived damaged in any way. 

I did read one the positive feedback this seller got, saying: "Item was loose in package but luckily arrived without any damage." I did not understand what the feedback meant then. I do now. It looks like this seller has gotten lucky at least twice, but I do know that it won't last forever. 

This seller does sell really low priced items, which is why I bought from him. He has lots of items that I've been wanting for a long time. 

What do you think - should I leave this seller positive, neutral, or negative feedback? 

Thank you for your responses. 

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: What feedback should this seller receive - Positive, Neutral, or Negative?

As a seller, I ship 99% of my items in a reused box and 100% of my labels are printed on paper and attached with tape.  Combines shipping aside, is that grounds for a neutral or negative?  Hopefully not...so why mention it?

This is one good argument for listing with "free" shipping (which I do).  Yes, I will combine shipping if the items qualify for the type of shipping shown (media mail for books only).

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy 

I genuinely don't mind (or are bothered) about the paper label nor the reused box.  

I was simply asking for your opinion of wether I should leave neutral, negative, or positive feedback, while at the same time describing every detail of my experience with this purchase. 

I do realize that when I buy something, what's inside the box is what matters most, not what's on the outside. In this case, due to poor packing by the seller, the items inside the box could have been damaged, but were not.  The seller also did not combine shipping prices, but now I do understand why he may not have. And you're right- I don't believe this seller deserves a negative/neutral feedback.

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it! 

Thank you for your opinion! 

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

If everything was fine inside, I wouldn't worry about the packaging.  I might take a picture and send it to the seller in a message, but let them know everything was fine...this time.  You might get blocked for it though.  I would leave a generic thank you positive FB or say nothing at all.  I have never given a negative and I think neutrals are stupid.  JMHO 

@eye_of_the_tiger 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 33 of 33
latest reply