cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping lies

Anyone else sick of these sellers posting "shipped" give a shipping # but sometimes actually takes days before it really actions anywhere ?? They shouldn't be allowed to mark stuff shipped u til it actually is, then those that say it's shipped but not, arrival date co.es and goes and we have to wait & get our money back after waiting weeks for arrival date to come & go without getting our item.. there should be some kind of penalties for these idiots holding our money for weeks & NOT ever shipping our stuff !!!!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: Shipping lies

@rwal1227 

It's Ebay, not the seller, that tells you the item has been shipped when a seller buys a shipping label.

Both buyers and sellers have complained about it for years.

Have a great day
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

From the time you pay until you receive your item you shouldn't  be concerned about anything except to start checking your mailbox on the expected delivery date.

There is NOTHING you can do until after that date so why bother trying to micro-manage shipping? 

The shipping process starts when a label is made. The seller puts the date they plan on shipping on the label. Since you have no idea what the shipping date will be then buyers just assume it's supposed to be shipped the day a label is made. And you get mad because you think the seller lied when you see USPS is still waiting for the package. It's a misconception to think the seller is supposed to ship immediately after they make a label.

I think that it all goes back to you shouldn't assume a seller lied because tracking can be misleading. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Sellers don't have any control over this. When the seller prints the label, it is marked as shipped in the computer, even though the seller still needs to drop it off to the post office. Then some sellers don't go in to have the receipt scanned, they just drop it in the post office chute. It has been my experience that although I have dropped it at the post office, the post office doesn't scan it until the next day. (I go to a very, very busy post office.)

So, in essence, when you get the notice that it has been mailed, at least your seller has done something with it - make the label and prepare the package for mailing.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

eBay could easily change their announcement (email) to "Shipping Label Created".  This could also be done for sellers who don't buy eBay labels and manually post tracking after they ship at the post office. Buyers could then just follow tracking like they normally do. Way overdue for eBay to end this confusion. It's been forever!

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wrong66 wrote:

eBay could easily change their announcement (email) to "Shipping Label Created".  

I've lobbied for this for years

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

"there should be some kind of penalties for these idiots holding our money for weeks & NOT ever shipping our stuff !!!!"

There is.   If you don't receive your purchase by its estimated delivery date, you can file an Item Not Received (INR) case.  When a seller receives too many of those INR cases, he/she is penalized by eBay.  

Unless your complaint is really just about the United States Postal Service (USPS).  

If you buy something from my selling ID, I might be able to leave it for the mail carrier who delivers to my home and my neighborhood.   I have observed that when he/she picks up outgoing mail, he/she normally scans those items immediately.  The tracking then shows "Carrier Has Item" or "Scanned by Carrier" or words to that effect, indicating that the package is in the possession of the USPS.   

On some other items that I have dropped into a mailbox outside a post office, yes, I, as the seller, have also noticed that USPS doesn't always scan packages every time an employee touches the package.  Believe me, it is frustrating for the seller as well, to see 24 to 48 hours fly by with no tracking updates, between Los Angeles and, say, Kansas City, for an item that ultimately has to go to Maryland.   

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

"eBay could easily change their announcement (email) to 'Shipping Label Created'. "

Y'know, that sounded familiar to me.  So I signed out as monroe67 and signed in again with my selling ID, and looked at the tracking of my most recent sale that took place on September 8.  

Sure enough, the first entry was at 8:34 a.m., "Tracking number provided."
Then:  Shipping LBL Created USPS Awaits Item, also at 8:34 a.m.  
Then:  Pre-Shipment Info Sent USPS Awaits Item, at 11:40 a.m.
Then:  Picked Up, at 5:42 p.m. 
And then, of course, its further travels are documented, from the San Diego Distribution Center, through Los Angeles, through Phoenix, until delivery in or at the buyer's mailbox at his/her address in Arizona.  

So -- somehow, the tracking on my sales do show "Shipping Label Created" rather than simply "shipped."  

FYI, here 
is the tracking per USPS, screen-shot from their website:

monroe67_2-1663700326021.png

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

. . . . and here is a copy of eBay's tracking of the same item:

monroe67_0-1663701764301.png

Shows "Shipping Label Created."  

Just in case anybody thought I was somehow "making up" eBay's tracking of this package.  It is essentially the same as the USPS tracking.  

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

But that's not the information that buyers get with the first email from eBay. That's initially where the confusion starts for the buyer. They see "Item Has Been Shipped".

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Happens everytime I buy off ebay ..

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply