cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My package was dleievered to the wrong address

OK, so two days ago I ordered an item(electric cigarette roller) that cost $74 and I was trying to save money by rolling my own well today I check my purchases and it says delivered to/in or whatever mailbox so I run outside and check the mailbox I check my side door and nothing anywhere so I look again and it says delivered to "Dun, IL" and I live in Newton, NC and that's my shipping address and I have never even been to Dunn, IL so I look a little harder and I see that the sellers address is actually in Dun, IL, crazy coincidence huh?  And the address has no house numbers in it UPS says they dleievered it literally to Dunn, IL and that's it so I feel like this was definitely a scam for sure and I want to know why I have to wait for the seller to make it right when my package has went somewhere other then what I put down for it to go, why can't I get my money back immiantly?  This makes a no sense at all, so now I'm inconveniently out $74 dollars till at least the 18th when ebay will then step in and if you want me to get technical then I'm really out more then $74 bucks if you want to count all the Extra days I'm going to have to buy cigarettes and time it's going to take to shop and purchase another cigarette roller and wait for it to be dleievered which I'll more then likely go to the store or use Amazon, i use to use nothing buy ebay but I had switched to Amazon a couple years ago and every once in a while I'll go back to ebay and make a purchase and every time it's some kind of scam and I don't know why I even waste my time or money anymore I mean if it's not someone doing something like this then it's someone lying about being in the US and taking 5 months for your package to get to you, I don't know what these scammers get out of doing this honestly but it's ridiculous and annoying, ebay has got to crack down on the scams and weed out some of these sellers because it's really hurting there reputation and eventually no one is going to shop on ebay and then it's just gonna be scammers scamming each other lol sorry I was on a rant just because I'm so frustrated and upset and annoyed that yet again ebay just has to be shady, I just want my money back like right now and I wouldn't even have a problem at all. That's all. 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Did you contact seller? Its possible the post office scanned the package wrong. Give it a couple days, you may see the package moving again. I would open an item not received case with Ebay if nothing changes on delivery status by the end of the week or the date that Ebay has stated. The seller would have to prove it was delivered to your address or your money back. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

As @slyders_finds said the package likely was mistakenly scanned as delivered instead of picked up. This has happened to 2 of my outgoing packages when the mailperson was delivering packages to me and forgot to to change the screen on their scanner. When your package gets to the next facility the tracking will update and proceed normaly. 

"I'm for truth no matter who tells it. I'm for JUSTICE no matter who it is for or against." - Malcolm X
"Dante once said that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in periods of moral crisis maintain their neutrality." - JOHN F. KENNEDY
Message 3 of 14
latest reply

@slyders_finds wrote:

@britmacktx0-0 wrote:

This makes a no sense at all, so now I'm inconveniently out $74 dollars till at least the 18th when ebay will then step in  

I would open an item not received case with Ebay if nothing changes on delivery status by the end of the week or the date that Ebay has stated. The seller would have to prove it was delivered to your address or your money back. 

OP can't start another INR at the end of the week. If the case closes without any refund and your feedback is blocked or removed @britmacktx0-0 can you come back for more advice?

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

The seller says my package is still on the way and that UPS scanned delievered instead of pick up scan, but I'm now trying to figure out how to find the weight of the package that UPS delievered but yes I did open a case up with ebay, and it might be a mistake but I have never had UPS make a mistake like this before and I ship online ALOT but the seller has a lot of verified reviews that are 5 stars and seems to be a good seller so I'm going to see what happens I guess. I thanks 

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

That's what the seller told me too, I thanks that makes me feel a lot better, I'm not a seller I just shop a lot but I'm going to give it a few days and see what happens thanks! 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@britmacktx0-0 wrote:

The seller says my package is still on the way and that UPS scanned delievered instead of pick up scan, but I'm now trying to figure out how to find the weight of the package that UPS delievered but yes I did open a case up with ebay, and it might be a mistake but I have never had UPS make a mistake like this before and I ship online ALOT but the seller has a lot of verified reviews that are 5 stars and seems to be a good seller so I'm going to see what happens I guess. I thanks 

I ship a lot @britmacktx0-0 and can verify all it takes is the carrier to have the scanner on the wrong setting and BAM - the entire day's shipments are marked as delivered instead of accepted and I get an immediate flood of messages from buyers asking what's going on. It's happened a couple times to the point where I have a form email I send on such occasions. Don't stress over it. Assuming transit goes smoothly you should have the item in hand soon enough.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@britmacktx0-0 wrote:

I'm now trying to figure out how to find the weight of the package that UPS delievered 

The weight is shown under Shipment Details at the UPS website for your tracking number, @britmacktx0-0.

teth_1615_0-1715750952521.jpeg

But it sounds like you might find that it's the wrong weight for your roller, that it isn't your item.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

You are welcome. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@britmacktx0-0,

As @teth_1615  pointed out, checking tracking from a shipper's site instead of using ebay's tracking which is provided by a 3rd party, can give you additional information not shown on ebay's tracking.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

The seller would have to prove it was delivered to your address or your money back. 

@slyders_finds 

Actually, the seller only needs to show it was "delivered" to the buyer's zip code. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Not true. Within that "delivered" scan will show the address of House, apt, Business actual address. Being delivered to the zip code would just show it made it to the post office. The same reason Amazon takes a picture when delivered. USPS will do the same if requested. Furthermore it wasn't "delivered" to OPs Zip.

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Within that "delivered" scan will show the address of House, apt, Business actual address.

@slyders_finds 

Where can we see these?  Used to be a website that actually showed the actual street address of delivery (except for USPS), but for some reason they no longer do that.  It was a sad day for "fake tracking scam" victims when that information was removed. 

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

For privacy reasons that would have to be an internal inquiry to the shipping company if the package was lost. All we ever see is out for delivery or delivered / delivered in/at porch etc. 

Message 14 of 14
latest reply