cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just got opted into pre approve for paying at end of auction, this is not a complain post.

Ok this is a bit odd! When I made my first bid on this item, I was not in the program, but at the 2ed bid I was, which is fine by me, so sometime between my first bid and 2ed one, it got turned on. I had that short "what's going on" moment! LOL but figured it out quickly, I had been opted into the new program. 

As can be seen in the screen shot (desktop), you have until the end of bidding to make changes to which payment source or shipping address you want to use. When making that 2ed bid, I was not locked into anything till I oked which address and source of payment I wanted to be used. If I did not want to place that bid, I did not have too. 

I don't use Pay-Pal, only my credit card and generally pay in less than 24 hours, most often right after winning so did not look at what all the payment options were available. 

Web capture_8-11-2023_64456_www.ebay.com.jpeg

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Just got opted into pre approve for paying at end of auction, this is not a complain post.

Message at top says you can edit payment and shipping details after placing bid as long as it's before the auction ends. That's good info to have. 👍

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Re: Just got opted into pre approve for paying at end of auction, this is not a complain post.

@redmodelt wrote:

Ok this is a bit odd! When I made my first bid on this item, I was not in the program, but at the 2ed bid I was, which is fine by me, 

I had been opted into the new program. 

Congratulations but

Will you ever consider the purchase of multiple items from the same seller & would want a combined shipping discount ?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes, I understand the combining shipping issue, but not something I really have to deal with considering the type of listings I buy from. Most of the items I buy, are one item at a time listings If the seller has other items, very good chance are not something I am looking to buy/bid on or might not be combinable anyway. A lot of the sellers' I end up buying from still list using auctions, so putting several items in my cart and bidding on them, those items having different ending times and might not win all of them, would be a mess for the seller to deal with. 

Putting items in your cart and asking for a total does not prevent someone else from buying while they are in your cart. Not all sellers have combined shipping turned on or their shipping rules setup for it. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@redmodelt wrote:

Putting items in your cart and asking for a total does not prevent someone else from buying while they are in your cart. 

Yes it does. Requesting a total through the link in the shopping cart counts as a commitment to purchase and the items will go to the seller's unpaid orders page. That's how the seller can send the invoice and why the buyer can get a non-payment strike if they don't pay.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

eBay evidently is spreading the joy around. I was opted in this week as I paid the tax on my free eBay shipping boxes.  I used the right card as in my business account credit card. Did not see it coming.

Posting ID
Message 6 of 6
latest reply