cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!! I just want to return my items and get my refund as promised

I want to return an item that was supposed to have free returns. The items measurements were totally off and not as advertised.  They excepted my return then sent me an address to ship it to (in china) but no shipping label. It was advertised as free returns.  Then they told me if I don't ship it back they won't refund me. I keep trying to get eBay to step in but keeps leading me back to the same massage saying I have to make the next step of shipping it back, but I don't have a label. I've lost faith in this company right now, and Im afraid I will be out even more if I pay to send it back.  I also feel a like Ebay doesn't  have my back. I thought eBay was a safe place to buy from.  I followed my rule.  I wish there was a phone number that  I could talk to a person.  Can anyone help.  I just want to know if I should just give it up and except the fact that I was played the fool and eBay is going to let it happen.  

Im so unhappy

😞

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: HELP!! I just want to return my items and get my refund as promised

Have you followed the MBG procedures?

"It is an intelligent man that is aware of his own ignorance."
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Go to the return details page and click button to escalate the case to ebay if the seller has not provided a label or paid you to buy a label.

If you can't find that use the help/contact link on any page...wade thru options until you find an option to have ebay call you.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@beezzneezz,

"I want to return an item that was supposed to have free returns... They excepted my return then sent me an address to ship it to (in china) but no shipping label".

Foreign sellers cannot purchase return shipping labels.

If the item location for the item was in China, then take it to the same end shipper you received the package from, pay for the return shipping w/ tracking and save the postal receipt.  When you get home scan or take a clear photo of the receipt and add a screen shot of the address you were given and add them to the return dispute to prove you paid the return cost. Once the item has been delivered you will be given a full refund of all costs.

"It was advertised as free returns. Then they told me if I don't ship it back they won't refund me".

There is no such thing as Free shipping or Free returns. Somebody always pays those costs.  The return is free since you will be refunded the return shipping cost.

"The items measurements were totally off and not as advertised".

The problems with buying clothing from China are their sizing is for Orientals not Westerners.  The quality is most often poor as well, then there is the return cost, if your item isn't right.  It's better to pay a bit more, to  get better quality, and not have to deal with the return hassles if there is a problem.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Foreign sellers cannot purchase return shipping labels.

@mudshark61369 

The said "foreign" seller is supposed to SEND MONEY to fund the return with appropriate delivery confirmation.  This is typically accomplished by the seller sending the amount via PayPal, since eBay still does not provide a method for doing so.   The buyer can look up on USPS and get the amount needed and inform the seller. 

If the buyer purchases his own label, there will be no refund for such after the fact. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I'm aware that someone needs to pay for shipping.  But when it is advertise "Seller pays for shipping." That should mean it is free for me, right? Shouldn't they should provide a shipping label?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I've been through the return details and through the Help Contact to try and find something to select to have eBay help me but I can't find anything. It keeps leading me back to the same place where it says that I now need to send the merchandise back.  

I've sent a message to the seller asking for them to PayPal me the cost of shipping.  I'm still waiting a reply.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Try contacting ebay for business on facebook.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@beezzneezz wrote:

I'm aware that someone needs to pay for shipping.  But when it is advertise "Seller pays for shipping." That should mean it is free for me, right? Shouldn't they should provide a shipping label?

It is only possible for US sellers to send you a return label. foreign sellers cannot send a US shipping label.  However, they are still responsible for the return shipping cost if you requested to return it because it was not as described.

To return to China with a method that proves delivery costs a minimum of over $50 for the smallest lightest weight package and goes up. They can send here cheap but to return is very expensive.  

You must let eBay know the seller is responsible for return shipping and they haven't sent you return shipping money. Now listen carefully, if you chose DOESN'T  FIT as the reason for the return eBay is going to say that's a buyer's remorse return where the buyer is responsible. eBay's policy trumps their return policy.  

So please return and tell us if you used doesn't  fit or not as described as the reason?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@beezzneezz wrote:

A foreign seller cannot generate a shipping label that you can use.  The seller can generate only a label usable in his country's postal system label, but you must mail it through the US postal system.   Think of it this way:  The seller couldn't send you a Chinese or German or Algerian postage stamp for you to use to mail a letter in the U.S.   The USPS would not deliver the letter with non-U.S. postage on it.

However, the seller is required to reimburse you for the cost of return shipping to a foreign country.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Did you read message 9?

No matter what policies the seller has in their listing eBay's MBG policy  trumps their policy.

The seller may have offered free return shipping but if you chose DOESN'T FIT  as the reason for returning it when you opened a case eBay says that's a remorse reason where the buyer pays return shipping. They do not read what's in the listing or what promises the seller made. On the other hand if you chose it's not as described the seller is responsible for the return shipping, and if you let eBay know they haven't  sent a label or return $ eBay then refunds you and they tell you that you don't have to return it.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply