cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a motorcycle and have to use giftcards?

Buying a Bike and the seller wants tonuse ebay for a Secure Transaction. Ebay then sent me an invoice and it says I have to pay in giftcards. I must go to a store and buy giftcards and call them to confirm it I guess. But the number doesn't seem to match ebay's numbers when I look it up. I think it might be a scam but would like another opinion on it. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Buying a motorcycle and have to use giftcards?

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

Jen - you know that this is not they type of payment authorized to purchase a vehichle. This is a scam - so why are you encouraging this? I am surprised at you. 😞  

The problem is not Jen's post; it's your blanket statement that eBay doesn't accept gift cards.

Fellow members would be best helped by confining your statements to the situations in which they're accurate.

Exactly. Especially when the OPs scammer specifically asked for eBay giftcards. That’s why I was thrown off by the statement that eBay doesn’t accept giftcards for payment. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@micmil-16

You have the good advice to report the scam to ebay and do not make this payment until eBay advise?

Cool, worth asking.

Now, I suggest you 'self report' this thread seeking removal due to personal information unwittingly exposed, Michael.

Top right corner of the post  ...Options > Report Inappropriate Content > type in 'accidental disclosure of personal information"

I'd go further and make a change to your user ID now.

Next time photoshop obscure the names and addresses [and item number] out, and then post. 

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

Never ever use email to do ebay transactions.

Why do people keep doing that?

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

It’s not even an eBay transaction. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 19 of 22
latest reply

Makes perfect ebay sense!

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

SCAM!!!!!

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

@thatsallfolks wrote:

@nc-daydreamer wrote:

Jen - you know that this is not they type of payment authorized to purchase a vehichle. This is a scam - so why are you encouraging this? I am surprised at you. 😞  

The problem is not Jen's post; it's your blanket statement that eBay doesn't accept gift cards.

Fellow members would be best helped by confining your statements to the situations in which they're accurate.

I agree.  The blanket statement created a false impression of how Ebay works.  

Message 22 of 22
latest reply