cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

But I didn't 'request to cancel'. I already have it.

Received a widget Monday.  Checked it out and there was a discrepancy from what I felt I ordered.  Reading back over the listing, there was a confusing term/statement.  Sent a message to the seller asking for clarification and that I might be considering a return.  They reply with their position that the term/statement was correct, but that they will give a full refund.

Then I see the refund notice with 'seller cancelled your order, reason - buyer requested'.  I did not request to cancel since I have the widget in my hand.  I hadn't even decided if I wanted to return or keep it.

Is this a gimmick some sellers are using to avoid return shipping or a defect?

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: But I didn't 'request to cancel'. I already have it.

From the seller's perspective, it just ends all the potential hassles including paying for  return shipping.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I see nothing wrong with this if you had opened a return the seller could have refunded without return.  There would have been no defect or return shipping there either so not avoiding consequences.   Just giving you a immediate remedy. 

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

I see nothing wrong with this if you had opened a return the seller could have refunded without return.  There would have been no defect or return shipping there either so not avoiding consequences.   Just giving you a immediate remedy. 

But doing it without a message to the buyer may give the seller a defect anyway.

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@myangelandmyprincess wrote:

But doing it without a message to the buyer may give the seller a defect anyway.

Maybe but I doubt it.  If it was a bot looking for a missing message it would but since it only does that if it's reported and someone reviews the situation if it got reviewed they'd see if was shipped and the buyer was unhappy so the seller just refunded without requiring the buyer to open a case

“Birth certificates show that you were born. Death certificates show that you died. Photographs show that you have lived.” -Unknown
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

You still have the widget and got your refund. I think the seller just did a quick and easy remedy. As far as your comment "there was a confusing term/statement" ...  The seller's response to that is a bit confusing to me: "that the (confusing) term/statement was correct." No big deal though since it appears all worked out ok. I don't perceive it as a gimmick.

energy flows where attention goes

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@d-k_treasures wrote:

There was a message.

OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@mycarolinavintage wrote:

As far as your comment "there was a confusing term/statement" ...  The seller's response to that is a bit confusing to me: "that the (confusing) term/statement was correct." 

Misunderstanding.  Misinterpretation.  Difference of opinion.  Something lost in the translation.  Left hand, right hand.

It was a whopping six bucks.  No big whoop.

Just don't like HOW it was done.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply