cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opened new account for Wifey!

I have a surplus of books and all she does is run up the bill at Cappuccin-oh-no! ( Just kidding )

I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and opened an bookselling site for her ( under my supervision, of course ) She sold 21 books in a short time as I was pricing lots of books very modestly , and out of 21 orders she received 3 solitary feedbacks, nice one yes, but rather meager results for the effort.

I may recall thing wrongly, but it seems that when I started years ago I would receive feedback almost book for book. The ratio seems to have gone down...down...down!

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@intermedia46 wrote:

I may recall thing wrongly, but it seems that when I started years ago I would receive feedback almost book for book. The ratio seems to have gone down...down...down!

Yes, it has. On my main account I average approx 15-20% FB. Vast difference from 20 yrs ago when I'd get 90% FB.

@intermedia46 wrote:

She sold 21 books in a short time as I was pricing lots of books very modestly , and out of 21 orders she received 3 solitary feedbacks, nice one yes, but rather meager results for the effort.

I have a vastly different view on this. I don't care if I get FB. The results I want to see are financial gains. FB won't pay for those cappuccinos your wife loves.

eBay now shows the number of items sellers have sold, so that offsets the impact of low FB until she builds up her account.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

**. I don't care if I get FB. The results I want to see are financial gains. **

Of course, that's the main thing to focus on...but it's also nice to receive confirmation that you are doing exemplary work...for example I package each book with loving care, once I got a complaint that I used too much wrapping etc...I 'd rather err on the side of caution than just throw a book in a bubble mailer to simplify my life, I box 95 % of my books, bubble mailers are used only for paperbacks ( and even then if it's a an old fragile binding i use cardboard) Those little touches should be appreciated, but I do understand that nowadays the frenetic pace of life doesn't allow for many niceties.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply